Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can take/send a Garmin GPS for repair? It is an ancient one (210), but there is a reason I want to repair it instead of replacing it, unless it makes absolutely no sense.

·
Registered
656 Posts
My Garmin went bad after 3 years. Water got inside the screen. I called the factory number and found they have flat price repairs.

My 168 sounder/GPS was 99 dollars no matter what happened to it. They gave me a return autho. number and charged my credit card. I had a new unit back within one week and Garmin took all my data and loaded it into the new one

Pretty good I would say

Boats

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yep Garmin does have a flat rate. Sometimes on the older models they will offer to upgrade it for you if it is no longer in production, but it won't be for free. I had some warranty issues for a 240 blue and have nothing but good things to say about their service.

·
Registered
480 Posts
My Garmin went bad and they determined it was the internal memory battery. This is covered for life and they replaced it and installed the updated software, FREE!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately, the unit is so old the website says flat rate repairs are no longer done -- but perhaps they will find it is the life time memory. Or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts