Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers:
I can't believe the crazy price of gas and diesel fuel right now. I'm wondering how I'm going to put gas in the boat, diesel in the truck and still afford to pay the bills let alone go fishing. Is anyone predicting the prices will go down for the summer vacation season??

·
Registered
929 Posts
Eminent Brothers:
I can't believe the crazy price of gas and diesel fuel right now. I'm wondering how I'm going to put gas in the boat, diesel in the truck and still afford to pay the bills let alone go fishing. Is anyone predicting the prices will go down for the summer vacation season??
John:

To help ease your pain WaWa is now issuing receipts in Suppository form liberally coated with Vaseline.:yes::clapping2::))dancedance

GT

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
President Obama has decided we all need to be driveing hybred or electric fuel vehicles, I suppose we have to trade in our big boats on electric & sailboats since he's not willing to allow oil drilling permits to take the burden off those of us who cannot afford fuel prices to tow with less than fuel efficient vehicles or boat motors. guess we'll all have to sell our gas guzzlers & boats at a market value loss so we can purchase an electric car or hybreds at inflated prices & fish in the toilet.

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
If you are addicted to fishing - you'll find a way to go. Take an extra buddy to help split fuel costs , lighten the boat of unneeded gear , run at a mid RPM rather then WOT, etc.

The fuel prices add to the overall cost but you need to look at the increase - not the entire fuel price. I think folks overlook that.

Last year - a gallon of gas was about $2.50. Now it is about $3.50 - roughly $1.00 more per gallon.

Say you use 25 gallons on a fishing trip - it costs about $25.00 ( 25 gallons @ $1.00 ) extra now - not the full $87.50 ( 25 gallons @ $ 3.50 ).
Same trip would have been $ 62.50 last year.

I plan to fish longer days and fewer trips. The big cost to me is towing the boat ( diesel truck ) and running to the fishing area ( 20 GPH @ 4,000 RPM ) . Once there - trolling uses little fuel. Anchoring is even better - no fuel used.

Hope it is not true but heard fuel might go up another quarter - there is a summer time gas blend required that costs more to produce.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
It's about time we got some partisan political **** on the main board, so much more entertaining than talking about fishing. Oh, wait, we can't talk about fishing either unless the subject matter is appropriately laundered and sanitized for the protection of all.
Pat in Joppa

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Agreed with Skip. I like to remind myself when I'm complaining about fueling up my truck/boat that there was a time when I was strapping my kayak to my honda civic because I loved fishing and that was all I could afford. There was a time before that where I was jigging a worm in a pond with an ugly stick shakespeare combo. And there are plenty of other people who can't even do that.

Many people these days would LOVE to have the problem of not being able to put fuel in their boat.

·
Registered
839 Posts
there was a time when I was strapping my kayak to my honda civic because I loved fishing and that was all I could afford. There was a time before that where I was jigging a worm in a pond with an ugly stick shakespeare combo.
Yeah, but if it keeps heading in this direction you may be going back to those days, and we may be joining you.
Anyone know how many tied together sheets it would take to make a sail for a 22' CC?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've been stashing money aside each week so when the time comes I'll be able to enjoy a day of fishing. I won't be topping the boat off each trip and won't be turning down my buddies offer for gas. In the past I've always told them I got it maybe next time, well that time has come I guess.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hey Trump was talking sense the other night. He is a businessman so he could run the country as it should be run. Cut out all the free stuff, make foreigners pay when they come into our country and stop aid to other countries that want to fight with us. Yea, that is what we need!

·
Registered
14,401 Posts
Hey Trump was talking sense the other night. He is a businessman so he could run the country as it should be run. Cut out all the free stuff, make foreigners pay when they come into our country and stop aid to other countries that want to fight with us. Yea, that is what we need!
X's 2..........Gary

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
President Obama has decided we all need to be driveing hybred or electric fuel vehicles, I suppose we have to trade in our big boats on electric & sailboats since he's not willing to" """"allow oil drilling permits"""""""" to take the burden off those of us who cannot afford fuel prices to tow with less than fuel efficient vehicles or boat motors. guess we'll all have to sell our gas guzzlers & boats at a market value loss so we can purchase an electric car or hybreds at inflated prices & fish in the toilet.
I think that's the tactic to convince people that it's better to troll in oil & ruin our coast lines than to pay higher gas prices.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts