Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Does anyone know of any stations selling straight gas (no alcohol) in the Hags Head area. Have managed to avoid it so far, but expect to have to refuel during the trip down next weekend (on trailer). Really hate to experiment with my 23 year old fuel tank when headed offshore!

Thanks,
Woody

NORAN - Albemarle 24 Exp.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I don't know of any. Most stations down here have been carrying ethanol fuel for a while. The only reason they haven't had to tag the pumps with the ethanol tag is they were only carrying gas with less than 10% ethanol.

Carry an extra fuel filter and dump your water seperator often, a dose of Startron would help as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uggg... But thanks for the info. My local Chevron is still setting real gas, but not for long, I'll bet. The alcohol **** isn't allowed in LL100 av-gas, but we boaters lost out.

Have a spin-on filter/separator, followed by a Racor unit. The Racor is the all metal unit with a pipe plug drain on the bottom. Been thinking of replacing the pipe plug with a *high quality* fuel rated valve for better control, now that I may be draining more often!

Woody

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was down on the beach all weekend and gas prices are coming down pretty good... Gas was cheapest at the Boarder Station at $2.72 a gal over the weekend... Before you hit the bridge the last station had gas for $2.92 I believe... Not as bad as it has been... I didn't notice ethanol stickers on the tanks where we filled up...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the update...

From the look of the weather (probable gale warning) this weekend, I'm gonna have to postpone. Man, working sure can get in the way of fishing! If forecast holds :mad:, plan to try again in two weeks.

Worse than gas for the boat is diesel for the truck - about 700 miles round trip!

Woody

1 - 5 of 5 Posts