Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gas prices in Spotsylvania County are hitting $3.00 a gallon and going up daily. I sure want to try for those macs and blues a few more times but if the price of gas keeps going up and with the long tow I have I may have to resort to taking the jon boat to the local reservoir for crappie and catfish.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Join the club, I was going to pull the boat down and go out for the same thing. Looks like I'll fight the tourists in canoes on the Shenandoah wade fishing for Smallies instead. Still must fish to keep my sanity.
It's a shame, I remember a few years back watching the guy at Sheetz at 301 and 3 lower the price form .99 to .98 cents while filling up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I decided to buy a freshwater license and put in at the ramp in Fredericksburg then go and play with some catfish or whatever will bite. I usually go to the river once or twice a year to get a good flush of the motor but I guess I may have to become a freshwater angler with these prices. I can trailer to the river and fish and back home and with luck will only spend about 40-50 dollars. I just hope the prices settle down by December when the big rocks come in.

WaveJuumper

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gas prices jumped up again today. I can only imagine how that will effect the charter captains and ones with larger boats. Who nows where it will go before it gets better. But at the same time I kinda feel guilty whining about gas prices as I see all those suffering from the effects of the huricane. I'll be sending more than just my gas money to the Red Cross to help a little.

·
Registered
421 Posts
You didn't miss much today, fishing for everyone I heard from was generally slow. I trolled 3 hours in the morning around Windmill Pt and only got one small blue and one 20" spanish (for which I'm thankful). Tried for spot too, with fishbites, but no luck except juniors.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yep,
Staying home myself because of the gas problems. I'm sure this is not a temporary thing. Gas is going to get real hard to find in the near future.
Bubba[angel][angel]

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't know if its true but I was told hat some of the gas stations were frowning on people filling up portable containers?
Unfortunately I remember back in 70's when you could only get gas on odd or even days depending on your license plate number.
Hope it doesn't come to something like that.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
[angel] I share in everyone's feelings about gas prices, but the reason I enjoy this board so much is that it seems that the majority of it's members realize the real tragedy around this situation & have put their own hardships into perspective. I am a native of Baton Rouge, LA & most of my family still lives in South Louisiana. First and foremost, I am thankful that everyone is OK...it does sadden me, however, to witness the chaos and devastation in New Orleans. I think now that help has arrived, things will settle down some & authorities can concentrate on the rescue & rebuilding efforts. Also, it lifts my spirits to see neighboring states "opening their doors" to the thousands of displaced storm victims. Going forward I think we will begin to see a great country rallying around the victims, as we did after 9/11. Sorry for the OT commentary on this fishing page, but just felt it was appropriate...[angel]

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Gas prices impact fishing prices for us! While it is more fun to catch them yourself-consider this.

Iced Whole Flounder-Minimum 25 lbs @ $3.00 = $75.00 at Hampton Fish House.

Flounder Fishing CBBT 25 gallons of gas @ $3.00 = $75.00 Priceless????

[grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin][grin]

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

1 - 10 of 10 Posts