Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just called and said she paid $2.99 a gallon, feels weird to be so happy about $3/ gallon gas......

·
Registered
299 Posts
oil is dropping like a rock,
the goverments in asia that were subsidizing the countries purchases of it seem to have stopped
last price i saw was @ 84 a barrel
i hear projections that forecast $40 within 6 months

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Supply and demand is a fickle beast.... who knew demand went down 50%.

On a note of reality.... one hickup in oil will send prices thru the roof killing the US economy in short order and don't think our friends and enemies don't know it.

These are interesting times.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Supply and demand is a fickle beast.... who knew demand went down 50%.

On a note of reality.... one hickup in oil will send prices thru the roof killing the US economy in short order and don't think our friends and enemies don't know it.

These are interesting times.
That is why you saw Iran claiming to force down a US jet the other day. Their and Russia's tyranny are built on petro dollars. F'em.

Of course if we were drilling more, we would not have to be so concerned about the hiccups.

·
Registered
395 Posts
A barrell of crude fell to under $80. Gasoline is still $3.30 and diesel is $3.79 (give or take).
When crude was $79/barrell 18 months ago the price of gas was $2/gallon and diesel was less that $2/gallon.

But, we all have been told that the current price structure is all about supply and demand. How many of you think we will see $2 a gallon before I catch my last striper of the season?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
OPEC is talking about cutting back oil production because the price is getting too low....enjoy while you can....It's $2.99 in tappahannock...the highest is $2.10

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
That is why you saw Iran claiming to force down a US jet the other day. Their and Russia's tyranny are built on petro dollars. F'em.

Of course if we were drilling more, we would not have to be so concerned about the hiccups.
CZ, you have mentioned the jet story twice, care to enlighten us all with your theory?

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
OPEC is talking about cutting back oil production because the price is getting too low....enjoy while you can....It's $2.99 in tappahannock...the highest is $2.10
Hey Billy,
Stick with fishin'.
Since you made this statement, the market has lost about 30% and the future is anything but certain.

"Enjoy your stock portfolio going up today along with interest rates that will going down soon and the housing market will be on the rebound soon....you might want to thank Bush for this one."

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
CG I was right;what's wrong

George....my statements were correct...what's the problem...you should have sold that day on the high and then you should reinvest next week when it hits bottom. And as for the interest rate part....didn't it drop 1.5% the other day.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Not wanting to figure the exact ratios, I'll toss this out. Oil hit a high of $147 a barrel and around $4.09 a gallon for gasoline where I live. Oil is now around $78 a barrel but still selling for close to $3 a gallon for gasoline. I would figure gas should be down to no more than $2.50 a gallon. If the price of a barrel of oil goes up, its up at the pump in a matter of hours. If it drops, it takes weeks to come down.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts