Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you folks averaged for gas usage.

I have a Yamaha F150 burned 234 gallons in 94 hours @ 2.5 gallons/hour for running and trolling.

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Just wondering what you folks averaged for gas usage.

I have a Yamaha F150 burned 234 gallons in 94 hours @ 2.5 gallons/hour for running and trolling.
That seems pretty light. I have a Yamaha F150- TXRC and my average fuel burn is about 6 GPH. Check out this Yamaha site and find a set-up close to yours for comparison.... Performance Bulletin Home.. I just realized I don't do that much trolling and that might be the difference.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Heh I don't even want to think about it. Just in the boat I would say I average somewhere around 15 gallons a week. . .

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I burned around 350 gallons with my 135 Opti. I don't remember the number of hours off hand. I believe around 150 which is the most I have ever put on in a year and plan to put alot more on before the end of the year.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
I not sure what I get now but when I had my old chart plotter on the boat it told me how many miles I travel and at that time I was getting between 3.8 and 4.2 MPG and I have a 90 HP 4 stoke Yamaha. I started using ring free in July and I have gone thru a bottle of it so I know I have put 120gals in the boat since July and I think I’m getting just about the same, all I know the motor is running better since I started using it.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
The last three years I put more than 250 hours a season on my boat but cut way back this year for numerous reasons. Ho'ed a little more, did not fish during the trophy season because of the crowds, and travel among others.

My results so far this year is

111 Hours to date,
487 gallons of gas
cost me $1989
burning an average of 4.38 gallons per hour.

I have a 23' Walk Around with a hardtop and a 2 stroke 200 HP Yamaha OX66. I mix trolling, LTJ, drifting with live bait and chummed once this year

I am not finished yet this year, and figure to do some more LTT trolling and LTJ until the Sunday before Thanksgiving Day.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Phil, I am very very close to you. I run a 225ox66 strapped to a Parker 2520mv. So far I've burned almost 500 gallons in 96 hours and have covered a little over 1200 miles. I started running Ring Free this year and no ox sensor problems so far since. I cruise between 3700-3800 rpm's. Capt. Ken

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
I'm keeping quiet - just in case the wife reads this :D.

All I know is everytime I pull in for fuel- the gas station owner smiles :pp.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I'm keeping quiet - just in case the wife reads this :D.

All I know is everytime I pull in for fuel- the gas station owner smiles :pp.
Im with Skip !
At 33gph at cruise I dont even want her to have a clue!
When I die I hope she doesnt sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it!!!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
dadsdayoff2 and Steve F,

I have run Ring Free since day one and Starton for the last couple years in my motor and at 750 hours on my OX66 Yamaha I had to replace the O2 sensor and VST filter because of acceleration problems. Yamaha recommends cleaning both of these items in the mechanics manual every 200 hours, but it is not in the owners manual.

Because I never knew about the cleaning requirement, it never was done on my motor until it was too late and they each had to be replaced. The O2 sensor is about $300 alone so please do that maintenance to your motor.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Have'nt burned a **** load this year,have'nt been out alot.I usually average 20-25 gallons a trip,Did burn 49 gallons one trip this year.Sandy Point to the CCNPP,James Island,zig-zagged the Bay the whole way to and from!Total so far,I'm guessin'...200-250 gallons.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Y'all know its really tough to hide fuel use from the Missus when she's right there at the fuel dock. Been tracking it for 3 years and finally after new bottom paint $760.00, 8 new injectors $890.00, adjust 2 sets of Detroit 8.2L valves $1,400.00, and Marvel Mystery Oil every other fueling. Got our 32 ft Rampage to average out at 5.6 gph running and trolling. Still just over $100.00 per fill up. A day on the water priceless.

:fishing2:

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Just added all mine up this morning in fact...I burned 364 gallons of fuel this year, dont know my exact hours, but that put a hurtin on the wallet! The good news is I fished more this year than any year in the past, and had a great time and met some great folks!!! Hopefully doing it next year in a new boat!

·
Registered
14,262 Posts
I'm not supporting the Arabs. I have a 14' Crestliner with a 20 HP Yamaha 4 stroke and pull it with a Hyundai. I get 3 crabbing trips for 6 gallons. My other boat is a 17' Key West CC with a Mercury 115. I go from Sandy Point to Hacketts and fish by the bridge....Gary

1 - 19 of 19 Posts