Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I've always heard the opposite good computers crappy customer service.
But since I build most of the computers I use it doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I had a Gateway Pentium 1 tower unit for 10 years+. It never needed customer service. The thing just kept on going. It was even in a full flood 5 years ago. Water was 1' over the top of it, still going....

G

·
Sure, you start with a fx510 and enjoy it and think it's pretty cool. Before too long, you can't get your kicks with anything less than a dual-processor rack-mounted server, and eventually you move on to massively parallel supercomputers but still can't find the rush you first got from the fx510.

Watch out for those Gateway computers, man.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I used to work for gateway doing tech support until they sent the support away from americans. When I first started there the support was great. Didn't matter what was wrong, we would fix it. But slowly with time we were only allowed to fix things within the "scope of support" which was reduced on almost a weekly basis. I for one used to reccomend Gateway's for people because you could customize what you got and it was built to order, but now what ytou get is an assembly line system just like the 500 that came off tyhe line in front of it and just like the 500 that will come after it. Just my two cents on Gateway's.... Build your own, no proprietory hardware and almost anything bought from compUSA will fit in it unlike some out of the box systems.

--John

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
What the hell did George say ???[tongue]

Meaning to Bmail you anyway George, I need a Laptop , nothing fancy, was gonna go with Dell, any reccomendations ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts