Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Friend called to tell me this sad news. George ran the Pasadena Sportfishing Group ( PSG ) for many years as well as the PSG fishing flea market at Earleigh Heights fire hall.

PSG did a lot to promote taking kids fishing - the money raised by flea market funded events for young anglers.

Here's one last HEY for you George.

BENTZ, On April 17, 2015 George M, Jr. beloved husband of the late Eleanor L. Bentz (Nee Kamai) devoted father of Vivian Reeder, George W. Bentz and Martin E. Bentz
Relatives and friends are invited to call at the family owned and operated MCCULLY-POLYNIAK FUNERAL HOME, P.A. 3204 Mountain Road PASADENA (DUE NOTICE OF VIEWING AND FUNERAL TIMES WILL BE GIVEN

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Prayers for his family and Heaven now has a great fisherman and friend. Can't say Hey Fish without thinking of him. Fishing community has benefited greatly because of Mr Bentz, he touched many people with his Hey Fish group.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm going to the PSG meetings most of the time. I'm very sorry to hear about George's passing! I will be praying for your family. If there is anything I can do, let me know. Sure you will leave big shoes to fill. Thanks for your hard work at the PSG and your vision to give children a fun alternative outdoor activity. I wish I had someone around as a child like you. Many greetings Joern Esser

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Wow; I knew he was in failing health; but this is still a shocker. I still bought "slider baits" from him and his son at the last PSG Fleamarket. He was always a true gentleman when I spoke with him.
He will be missed.
5th (Marty)

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny story about George :

About 8-9 years ago , I had a table at the Tri State flea market with anchors I had found while scuba diving. George and his son stopped by to take a look.

George's son found one he liked and showed it to his dad. It came with the chain I found with it but I told them they might want to replace it since it had a - George quickly filled in - link in the sections to join them. Come to find out - it was their anchor lost off Podickery the year before.

George asked me if I knew they sold for $350.00 - I said hell no , since I had it priced at only $60.00. We laughed about them getting their special anchor back - the link was used to secure anchor to the bow. I refused to take his money - so he offered me a table at PSG flea market.

Farther digging into the pile of anchors revealed a friend of theirs anchor. They told him to get it at PSG show but we jokingly " priced " it at $200.00.
First thing at PSG - George pointed his friend to the anchor table and laughed as guy flipped price tag over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts