Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing has been wonderful here for the past few weeks. The warm weather had the reds out of their massive winter schools and into smaller, much less spooky, schools of 5-15 hungry fish. These fish were chompin, eating topwaters, spinnerbaits, flies and jigs. The recent record low temps have reschooled them to some degree, but the warmer nights of this week will put them back into a feeding mode, breaking the large schools up into smaller pods of ravenous fish. This weekends spring tides should bring the 1st "tailing tides" of the year, with hungry reds gorging themselves on fiddler crabs at high tide.
Capt. Newman
Kingfisher Guide Service
Home

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the report Capt. Newman. Please keep them comming. I live in Maryland but have a townhouse in Myrtle. I havn't done much fishing down that way but plan on it this year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Capt. Newman

I to am from Md. I'll be in town the 20-27 April at Murrells Inlet, weather isn't looking in my favor to trail my boat. May inprove by weeks end looking forward to hooking some big red everyone is showing. May need service if I do trail as have not had chance to put in water due to weather here. at any cost will have to fish will need info on were and what is best to hook'em.

CPfisher - I'll let you know how they hit appon return.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts