Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a call this morning asking if I was up to go..... stupid question. Headed down to the bosses dock round 10, waited for dad and a friend and the 4 of us were away at around 1130. Had heard reports form sandbridge yesterday and knowing cape henry was dead we headed down to sandbridge. Marked scattered bait and managed two fish. First one came in on a solo parachute, round 33 inches. Second one came on a small tomic, 31 inches. Fished for another hour and around 1 we got reports of fish down by corrola. Off we went. Get down to corrola, not many boats, probably 4 or boats following behind us. Set out and instant bait and birds diving everywhere. We spent the better part of the next two hours trying to get our mojo going. Fish werent really hitting well. Lost two fish, one on the stretch and another on a mojo. Finally around 330, we get the right pattern going and wham one fish, solid 35 incher. Sweet we got another. Bout 20 minutes later clay gets a double on the mini parachute tandem rig. Bout fish measure out at 32 inches and fat!!!! Shortly after we go dead, no fish. At this point we have two mojo's out one with a tomic and the other a bucktail. One lone swimbait way back and two other green tandem rigs off the sides. Around 4 as we are getttin to that point of time to go home, we put two more quality fish in the boat, another 35 and a 33. Color of the day was green. All of our tandem rigs weigh out at around 6oz plus another 10 in inlines. Mojos were 48oz. Everytime we hooked a fish the bait was scattered, no major bait balls.We will definitely be getting some extra green parachutes for christmas. I have pictures on the camera and ill put them up later.
Felt good to finally get out, and even better to catch some good fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was also out today around Sandbridge and got the call around 2:00 (had 5 missed calls starting around noon) about the bite off Corolla so headed down. Got lines in around 3:00 but never got things right and headed back to Lynnhaven around 4:00 with skunk in the boat. I know the fish where there, and saw others catching, guess I didn't have the right stuff out today.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kevin im done with finals. Might get out to rudee next week. All of the bait in our pens is either dead or cold shocked. Im pretty sure the drum have shut off, and clay hasnt been catchin squat for trout. Might see if i can make it to the ditch next sunday.
Jaybr we spent probably 2 hours trying to catch a fish before we put out the right gear at the right depth and the right speed. Took us forever to get the right setup. We watched several boats hook up right next to us and we are just like WTH!!!!! are we doing wrong????

Almost forgot we also get to unspool and then respool the 330LD because we think the backing is loose, so that should be interesting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.