Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girlfriend from Baltimore Maryland decided to come and spend her thanksgiving break from college with me in Poquoson for the week. After thinking of things we could do to spend some quality time together the best thing i could think of was to introduce her to something that i truely love to do...So we headed out at 0700 Sunday morning and headed to Plantation light area to start the morning...After having a slow start we continuously headed south until we found our first bite. I had informed her that as soon as we heard the first drag scream she better be ready and let me tell you she showed up for the situtation! Around 0900 at Bouy 18 I hear the clicker take off on my shimano tiagra 30 and i quickly jumped up and grabed the rod...I set the hook hard and passed the rod over to the new comer who has never caught anything bigger then a 2 pound croaker off the end of my peir...I had previously told her how to fight a rockfish once the fish was hooked up and she quickly followed suite. As soon as i handed her the rod she acted with perfect instinct untill she had the fish beside the boat...After i netted the fish i quickly measured it at 43.5 inches and put it back into the water. Let me tell you that she was pumped and ready to get back out there and get a real citation! There is absolutely nothing better then taking out a new comer and putting them on a big fish. She has been talking about it every second since she landed it and she cant wait to head back out at o dark thirty in december when she comes back to catch a bigger fish than i catch!

Capt. Jordan
Urchinsea charters
Team Salty hooker Sportfishing

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Awesome man! Congrats to the girl friend! My wifes first striper was a length citation on an eel in the same area!!!! She is spoiled now and gets mad at me when I go and she cant..........so be careful!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wednesday Beginners; 4 1st timers

I agree and truely enjoy the 1st timers; this crew actually did pretty well dropping at the tube of the 4th Island on Wednesday (11/26). Sunday's (11/30) trip was supposed to be a blowout so I cancelled the trip with 5 more rookies at 9PM Saturday. Sat and watched calm seas all Sunday Morning but it would have been wet. Wednesday we tried Eels at Platation in the AM, moved to the High Rise and finally caught fish over the tube. There was a mass of boats at the 3rd catching fish in the slot and we were the 1st at the 4th; once my crew started with their celebrations we attracted a crowd but were ready to head for the barn. Out at 6AM and docked at 3PM. Some fish look small but all were within the 18 -28" range; good eaters and all fish were frozen and went home with the visitors to NC and Montana.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
wow- now they know why you live here !

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not the size fish that I used to get you hooked but they were nice. Your picture and your brothers is on my wall at work with a couple of cows. Bay Country got a 50" fish this AM and I was checking for his post. Its a Bit$$ sitting here working when you son calls to announce a sitation...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts