Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday, May 5, 2006; Posted: 10:01 p.m. EDT (02:01 GMT)

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- If the skies are clear as forecast, volcano watchers who turn out for the reopening of the Johnston Ridge Observatory on Friday will get a spectacular view of a hulking slab of rock that's rapidly growing in Mount St. Helens' crater.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/05/mountsthelens.ap/index.html

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
While intersting - it has limited conversational value. I could tell you how I heard the original explosion of MSH from Corvallis Oregon, more than a hundred miles away.

Eventually, it is likely that the volcano will fill up the blast crater and go back to sleep for a couple hundred years; and then do it all again.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
[Q]Fritzer originally wrote:
I heard the original explosion of MSH from Corvallis Oregon, more than a hundred miles away.
[/Q]Since the volcano has been erupting for well over 50,000 years, you must be a very old man.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[Q]Fritzer originally wrote:
While intersting - it has limited conversational value[/Q]

The story of my life [grin]

·
Registered
942 Posts
Thats an attention getter.
This article should be banned from viewing in public schools.
Think of the children Please........[grin]

·
Registered
762 Posts
[Q]COAN RANGER originally wrote:
This post reeks of sexual inuendo.
[/Q]

Good catch, CR.

"Pumping lava" and "eruptions", then badda-bing: the result is something growing down in the crater.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[Q]djones originally wrote:
[Q]COAN RANGER originally wrote:
This post reeks of sexual inuendo.
[/Q]

Good catch, CR.

"Pumping lava" and "eruptions", then badda-bing: the result is something growing down in the crater.
[/Q]

How could I have known that a perfectly scientific post would be twisted in such a fashion?[grin] I didn't see this coming.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts