Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to southern Maryland this past weekend to visit family. Saturday evening my brothers, nieces and I went kayak fishing at Gilbert Run\Wheatley Lake. My brother caught a couple LM bass on a 4-inch zoom fluke. The highlight of the day was my 8-year old niece catching her first fish ever. She was sitting in the marlin chair (rear tankwell) trolling a beetle spin just enjoying the ride and then all of sudden she shouts, "I think I have one"! I look over my over my shoulder and see a largemouth bass making a couple leaps out of the water. She fought the fish like a seasoned pro, got it to the yak, we took a picture and released the fish to be caught another day. Here is a pic of me and my niece with her first fish.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Good for her. Nice picture. Been thinking about getting one of those things, but am not sure I'd like it. Need to keep invsetingating the issue. Firend of mine got one for Christmas and just took his first trip. He called me as soon as he got back to land all excited. We'll see............

Nice report.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts