Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot take it any longer, if I hear another report from someone having 5 GALLON BUCKETS full of shad and gill nets full of stripers.....................I have used a 50' gill net for the last few years to catch bait if I have to use it- in the right spot catch all I need in 10 minutes, this time of year the shad are stacked up you can catch bait in a few throws so why put out 300 FOOT nets! Bluecatfish eat primarily gizzard shad at the present rate of KILLING so many shad- that are bunched up, figure it out.........Also stripers- how can someone guide people to the fish when there are so many nets KILLING them. Why leave nets out overnight? Why use a 300' net?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That is a waste. While you're on the subject,what's with these big baskets that look the size of a truck that takes a winch to haul them aboard? We saw one boat unloading small cats by the large dip net out of the basket for 25 minutes. I thought you wern't supposed to eat these fish or sell them to be eaten? Just curious and agrevaited.
mini moe

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
mini moe,

it's old news. there are no laws preventing the harvest, sale or resale of contaminated catfish to the public. As you have seen, tons of them are making it straight to the supermarket.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Wasabi,
Say it ant so! What needs to happen is to get some influential people like politictians or movie stars directors and such intrested in fishing up there and maybe they could gets some laws passed. Then again there are some of them that would take it the other way and maybe make it worst.
Mini Moe

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
they were not on the subject moe ! the post was dead and gone from january last year 2005....... but i did go back and re-read every post again !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts