Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
I just find it REAL hard to believe a 9 year old girl was able to land a 94 pound Cobia by herself without assistance. Just sayin......... Gary

·
Registered
578 Posts
I just find it REAL hard to believe a 9 year old girl was able to land a 94 pound Cobia by herself without assistance. Just sayin......... Gary
The article I read said the dad hooked in and immediately handed it over her, she had a belt on. However, they thought is was a shark so maybe they didn't care so much if it broke off- and that's why they let her reel it in all the way. said it was about 20 minutes to get it to boat. He backed down on it a lot too-to help her with reeling it in. She done good...

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
The article I read said the dad hooked in and immediately handed it over her, she had a belt on. However, they thought is was a shark so maybe they didn't care so much if it broke off- and that's why they let her reel it in all the way. said it was about 20 minutes to get it to boat. He backed down on it a lot too-to help her with reeling it in. She done good...
I guess it would be possible if she was belted in a chair with rod in holder and Capt was chasing it. Not stand up with a beld though. Just my thoughts on my personal experience with Cobia and my 9 year old Son........Gary

·
Registered
578 Posts
okay, the truth was recently released: "MD cobia record broken by 43 year old man that identifies as a 9 year old girl" now you know the rest of the story............

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
okay, the truth was recently released: "MD cobia record broken by 43 year old man that identifies as a 9 year old girl" now you know the rest of the story............
And he requests his own bathroom facilities, right? :hysterical:

·
Registered
578 Posts
My 5 gallon bucket is already non gender specific. 
Now that is funny, I don't care who your are.... good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Y'all just jealous cause a nine year old girl kicked your butt..................Good for her I hope she catches many fish. Congratulations.
That is probably right. I think she and the father driving the boat did good. I'm sure they have a video too. It will come out soon.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Gary- I hooked a cobia a few years ago that swam up to the boat and looked at me. It was a nice one and I couldn't get it to run. I was thrashing at it with the rod, try'n to get it to run but it was curious. I don't think it even knew it was hooked. I didn't want to bring it into the boat green so I netted it and hit it with a bat 5 or 6 tines on the head in the net, brought it into the boat, took the hook out and threw it in the cooler. After a few minutes it woke up and I had my wife sit on top of the cooler and she took a rodeo ride for 15 minutes. That sucker broke the hinges on a 120 qrt cooler and my wife hasn't been on the boat since. Cobia can give an angler a great fight but but there are times they can act very strange and not fight at all. What ever ya do, don't bring one in the boat green.....................

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Gary- I hooked a cobia a few years ago that swam up to the boat and looked at me. It was a nice one and I couldn't get it to run. I was thrashing at it with the rod, try'n to get it to run but it was curious. I don't think it even knew it was hooked. I didn't want to bring it into the boat green so I netted it and hit it with a bat 5 or 6 tines on the head in the net, brought it into the boat, took the hook out and threw it in the cooler. After a few minutes it woke up and I had my wife sit on top of the cooler and she took a rodeo ride for 15 minutes. That sucker broke the hinges on a 120 qrt cooler and my wife hasn't been on the boat since. Cobia can give an angler a great fight but but there are times they can act very strange and not fight at all. What ever ya do, don't bring one in the boat green.....................
Green Cobia and green Tuna with both turn you black and blue!........Gary

1 - 15 of 15 Posts