1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Nice pictures, but no life jackets on any one of them............[sad]

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am a big advocate of wearing PFDs, however, they don't have PFDs on because they are in Florida, in marsh creeks or flats that are about a foot to 3 foot deep and the bank is about 8 to fifteen feet away. If you fall out of the yak, you just stand up. The only thing a PFD would do is make it harder to stand up. Besides, if they had PFDs on, it would obstruct the view. Women in yaks and you are looking for a PFD!!!!!!!
Juke,
Nice to see MudGirl with a nice red, tell her I said hello.
Chad

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Joe,
When we start a rant like this, saying "I'm with "insert name here" would not be a good idea. I will refraing from talking about where do you and he fish, Brokeback Bay, and so on. This subject here is WOMEN IN KAYAKS and not PFD safety. I would also normally ask how does one paddle a kayak with such a huge stick up there. But I was in the military and am a bigfan of sophmoric humor but hose with sticks in bad places will get upset, so I'll refrain from going there too. Do not take any of this the wrong way, I just have ahard time holding back on some things. None of this was personal, blah, blah, blah. Also, in Florida, I do ont see many wearing PFD's but I highly encourage everyone to wear one, however, we are talking about WOMEN IN YAKS here, so I'll start another thread about PFD's and we can talk about hte most beautiful things on the planet. WOMEN!

·
Registered
211 Posts
No doubt, that one probably hates you. And I don't care how much you miss me, you're not riding tandem in my yak.

Look out, it's Rudee Inlet!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Most women that hate me are the ideal weight for a woman 7'2" however, they are usually 4'6".

·
Registered
950 Posts
Juke,
I had my say this thread is all yours, sorry you had to give away one of your favorite spots, Is that lake that you mentioned near a mountain that they made a movie about?

None of this was personal, enjoyed the pictures, but just not enough of them.

JoeB

·
Registered
575 Posts
I wear my PFD MOST of the time but not ALL of the time. I can swim pretty good. If you are worried about drowning in 3' of water or can't swim across 100' of warm water you should stay away from the water. Seriously, like move to Oklahoma. Give me a break.

Oh yeah, nice pictures.

Tom

1 - 20 of 42 Posts