Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give your MSSA buddy a hug if he fished the tournament today.Winds are expected to gust over 35 knots (gale warning) and waves build to 4 to 6 feet - OUCH. One of the few days I'd rather be working then fishing.

Sure there will be some wild stories from this tournament.At least tomorrow the wind has some west to it but still looks to be rough.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Winds are expected to gust over 35 knots (gale warning) and waves build to 4 to 6 feet - OUCH. One of the few days I'd rather be working then fishing.
That weather is definitely too much for our 21 foot center console, and will probably test a 27 foot sailfish. If I didn't know any better, I would swear that I'm getting paid back for all the good weather I had during the spring. summer, and early fall. This will make 2 weekends in a row that I haven't been on the boat, and three weeks since I was on the Bay proper...

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
with this forecast I can't believe they haven't called it off. didn't they learn from a few springs ago???
:eek:

·
Registered
552 Posts
My buddy is fishing it as we speak. He said the bay was sick in the head!!!!!!!! He can put fish in the boat and had a fish on as we were talking. Had to get off the phone. I think he said he had 3 to 4's out there. WHHHEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Frank
"Skirtchaser"

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
with this forecast I can't believe they haven't called it off. didn't they learn from a few springs ago???
:eek:
I've got to agree with this to some point since not everyone has a 50' bay built to fish this kind of weather. With so many different sizes of boats, it would be tough for the MSSA to determine who should go. I guess that's why they have the disclaimer about weather conditions. I know there's NO WAY I'd be out in this kinda SNOT with my 23 -- Even if it is a Grady :fishing2:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looks like the best place to eat those doughnuts today is in front of the tube watching Navy and Notre Dame.

Now if I can just get a wind shift to blow the leaves back into my neighbors yard that I blew over there the other day with the leaf blower..............:clap:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I went out of the S river for a few from 9-12. I poked my head out by Thomas Pt and was greeted by easy 3-4's and winding was starting to pick up..I didnt even enter the MSSA...Straight NASTY out there....no fish for me today

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
caught 5 battling 5-7 ft seas. biggest was 25 lbs. no proof for spynet000, but trust me, we took a beating.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wasn't that bad. Left in the dark, and pouring rain from Breezy. Fished off CCNPP and had a limit of under and overs. Biggest was 29.85lbs, we were in the tournament otherwise the trip would have been a no go but I'm glad we went. Were able to run on plane in our 23' Grady back to Breezy. Didn't see any Parkers out there.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Just talked to a buddy who had a 50" in the boat. He rode from below Point Lookout to Solomons in constant 5-6'ers in a 25' Maybcraft and is currently waiting for someone to bring his boat trailer to him in Solomons. He said the ride back south is impossible.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Just talked to a buddy who had a 50" in the boat. He rode from below Point Lookout to Solomons in constant 5-6'ers in a 25' Maybcraft and is currently waiting for someone to bring his boat trailer to him in Solomons. He said the ride back south is impossible.
Francis, we had the biggest fish at Solomons until Lee checked in.....we actually had the first and third largest fish until he checked his MONSTER. That was one sweet fish. He said when that hit the deck, he cut all his long lines, pulled the shorts and took off. We had our fish by 9:30 this morning fishing right around Lee, and took off to wait for check in. Easy 5-6 fter with an occassional bigger wave mixed in for good measure. 28' ProKat is a dream on that kind of water...BuckBomb Fishin Team!!! Hats off to all the guys that gutted it out and didn't catch or only caught one or two fish....had to be hardcore to be out today. We took a chance by startin so far south but it might have paid off. Still got tommorrow.... Lot of skunks today..nice going for the guys that checked in fish!!!.....Tom

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Francis, we had the biggest fish at Solomons until Lee checked in.....we actually had the first and third largest fish until he checked his MONSTER. That was one sweet fish. He said when that hit the deck, he cut all his long lines, pulled the shorts and took off. We had our fish by 9:30 this morning fishing right around Lee, and took off to wait for check in. Easy 5-6 fter with an occassional bigger wave mixed in for good measure. 28' ProKat is a dream on that kind of water...BuckBomb Fishin Team!!! Hats off to all the guys that gutted it out and didn't catch or only caught one or two fish....had to be hardcore to be out today. We took a chance by startin so far south but it might have paid off. Still got tommorrow.... Lot of skunks today..nice going for the guys that checked in fish!!!.....Tom
DAMN must have been somthing to see running it in for the win :eek2::eek2::eek2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts