Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a 22' glacier bay boat in decent shape but trailer is making me pull out my hair at the root!! Last owner refurbished the bunks on the trailer which I believe the minimum bunk boards was used to support the boat. This is my first catamaran but it loads and unload horrible, I would be great full to anyone that has a picture of their trailer to help me figure out what's missing and needs to be added. Side note boat was painted but since trailer loads so back it has a lot of missing paint now!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My biggest concern is bunk design I have one 2x6 board on each side that the boat sits on my bunks don't v and the bunks don't extend to the end of the hull. It looks if it didn't rest on bow stop it could flip forward which I know it won't but it has that much hull not supported. The trailer is simply fubar I need to have it ready to go by spring

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Sorry, I can't tell anything from that picture. I'm not sure about cat's but from regular fiberglass boats having a trailer that extends all the way is critical. Otherwise you develop a "hook" in the hull that is damn near unfixable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts