Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I rode with Alden on his 38CC Fountain with trip 300s Saturday. We were running 60-70mph the whole time. This was amazing. Lots of time to fish, less time running. SKA and other southern tournaments have shot gun starts, where go fast boats like Fountain, Yellowfin, Contender and others jockey for the starting line. For me, running 60 plus miles in an hour with 23 degree temp outside was a blast!! Instead of running for 2 plus hours, we had a lines in after a short trip. Covering the distance so quickly and with very little drag, gas milage is very good.. Other concerns would be getting back if the weather started to turn on us. I am sold.... Top 4 spots in Million Dollar were go fast boats.. Looking forward for Thursday, the start of the Mid-Atlantic Rockfish Shootout!!

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Keep your eye's open, :amen:

I will be one of the "Slow Poke's" in front of you doing a miserly 17 knots...... Of course, we will be inside the cabin, generator running with heat at 64 degrees and microwaving some Jimmy Dean pork products.

Please don't run us over, we might drop our biscuits. :yes:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Top 4 spots in Million Dollar were go fast boats. Looking forward for Thursday, the start of the Mid-Atlantic Rockfish Shootout!!

So the moral of the story is the average fisherman doesn't stand a chance. Not trying to stir the pot, you're O.K. in my book Max. Just reading it for what it is.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I rode on Thursday and Friday in the tournament with Alden on that Fountain....man, what a boat...touch the sticks and she jumps up on plane, one hell of a hole shot, handles beautifully and fishes great. You are only cold if you don't dress right for the situation...I rode out on Thursday morning when it was 23 degrees and we were going 66 MPH, Friday was a bit Warmer at 28 degrees, same speed, no problems...have bean bag and underarmour will travel. Big Thanks to Max King Marina for getting me on that boat for the ride of a lifetime....they are a first class act down there.....what a ride !!!!......Bob

·
Registered
972 Posts
Strange to read "trip 300s" and "gas milage is very good" in the same paragraph........
I need a new job (and a new boat)!

H.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Heres an easy way to count your fuel consumption..... Throw it to the stops and then count the seconds for every second you count take a 1/3 of a gallon so you figure a gallon every three seconds!!! HAHAHA Just kidding but it cant be that good on fuel

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Now the 38' with triple 300's at cruise - 52MPH burns 42 GPH... Feeding 900 Horse Power and pushing 11,000 lbs. You can also look at the 34'CC Fountain with twin 300 Fountain 40MPH 28GPH at cruise 34' Boat with twins pushing 10,000lbs.

When looking at fuel, speed is important.. Pull up some numbers and compare them. It is very interesting to see.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
That's why I chose the 31' with a cabin and a windshield just wish I had one more 250 in the back pushing. Can't complain running up to 50 knots in mine but at 60 or 70 there is no time to hit waves you just fly over them. Maybe one day I will win the lottery so I could get the 38' with 4-300's and really fly!!! Martin

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
There is a 38 fountain w/ quads on e-bay,
That's why I chose the 31' with a cabin and a windshield just wish I had one more 250 in the back pushing. Can't complain running up to 50 knots in mine but at 60 or 70 there is no time to hit waves you just fly over them. Maybe one day I will win the lottery so I could get the 38' with 4-300's and really fly!!! Martin

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
4 300's wtf man. thats power. I would rock that ride.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bert, I rode with Max one day and I'm drueling over a 60 mph boat, maybe one day.

My crew last week thought my boat was fast running 40 mph to duck and back, but their use to their boats that top out at 20 knots.

I question those Sea King numbers you posted with the single 225, mine with twin 150's tops out at 49 mph. I didn't clock mileage, but ran from Marina Shores to Duck peir, trolled for 5 hours then ran back to Rudee and burned 65 gals.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts