Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to gulf shore's in august with my wife and im going to do some fishing while i'm there any out there tell me what kind of fish i'll see ? got my gear and ready to go im planning to use squid and bait fish nothing artificial most likely going to fish off the beach in the early morning and at the pier in the afternoon.[grin]

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
565 Posts
KAS,

Where in the Gulf ?

And better yet, use live shrimp, greenbacks or pinfish if your sticking with bait. You can also cut the pinfish up too. Fishbites and Berkly Gulp shrimp AKA fake bait will also work.

Your adversion to working lures puts you at a disadvantage so should you see a beach or pier local workin'em over with a small white jig, a red jig head w/white plastic grub, a storm plastic, a gotcha plug, a zara spook, a yozuri, or other hot lure, you may want to change your fishin ' disposition and/or perspective accordingly ~ your call on that issue when your there [wink]

Have a safe trip [smile]

'bucket

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we'll be going down to the alabama gulf coast near mobile i tried plastic and jig's last time i went to tybee georgia for a fishing trip and had no luck. switched to cut bait after someone told me to try it on the last day i was there and landed a nice size grouper. i tried shrimp too but with little sucess.[smile]

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
565 Posts
no direct Alabama experience or info, but googled this up for ya http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/fishing/saltwater/tips.cfm

Hope it helps, have a safe trip, and lookin' forward to your report.

`bucket

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.