Tidal Fish Forum banner

Going to NJ for rocks this weekend

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Albemarle24 
#1 ·
I said cool, there is a Forum for NJ, then I saw nobody uses it[sad].

My brother in law has made 2 trips down here to Virginia beach this summer for flounder fishing with me.

He is returning the favor this weekend actually friday the 28th, for some rockfishing in NJ.

We will be doing a charter since he has no boat.

Anybody how rockfishing is in NJ this time of year?

I will give the report when i come back.

I will also have to mention tidalfish to them Yankee's.

Eric

#2 ·
YEP IM A YANKEE I LIVE IN SOUTH JERSEY IAM 30 MILES BETWEEN PHILADELPHIA AND ATLANTIC CITY ON THE ROUTE 322 AND 54 FOLSOM N.J. WELL FIRST WE CALL THEM FISH STRIPPERS AND YES YOU WILL START HEARING ABOUT JERSEY NOW SINCE I FOUND OUT THIS SITE FROM A (SINCE IAM A YANKEE WHAT DO I CALL YOU GUYS JUST KIDDING RED NECKS SH#T ) EMAIL ME MAYBE I CAN HELP YOU GUYS OUT FOR ROCKFISHIN

#3 ·
You can call me anything but late to dinner.

We are heading out of, well I dont know. He lives in Edison. I was just informed we would be going out on a party boat. Hopefully the weather is good.

You been catching rocks, I mean stripers?

Eric

#4 ·
Eric,
Its skinnys-kid from the other board. Have a blast up there in Jersey. I've checked on sites on Long Beach Island which is south of where you will be, and the action is starting to pick up off of the beach. You'll probably be fishing close to Staten Island since he lives in Edison, I would think. Here's a link for reports in NJ. They update daily. Click the Inshore report/ North Jersey Coast. Good luck and Catch 'em Up!!
--Don
http://www.fishingreportsnow.com/

#6 ·
They have a lot of clams up there. I went up there last year and fished from the surf around Long Beach Island and you should have seen all of the clam shells on the beach...and big ones like 5-6" across. They might be easier to come by. They use a lot of those silver diamond jigs when their drifting over holes, too. Its amazing how people in different locations fish for the same fish.
There's a good book titled "On the Run" by David DiBenedetto. He took like six months off from work and followed the striper migration from Maine all the way to NC. It talks about the different methods the people in each locale used. Good read if you get the chance

#13 ·
Yeh, I'd like to see more from the Jersey guys/gals, too. They've got some great fisheries up there besides stripers...tog, flounder, big bluefish, weak fish, and not to mention offshore canyon runs. I'll keep talking it up...it brings back memorries of fishing as a kid!

#16 ·
[Q]Albemarle24 originally wrote:
I said cool, there is a Forum for NJ, then I saw nobody uses it[sad].

My brother in law has made 2 trips down here to Virginia beach this summer for flounder fishing with me.

He is returning the favor this weekend actually friday the 28th, for some rockfishing in NJ.

We will be doing a charter since he has no boat.

Anybody how rockfishing is in NJ this time of year?

I will give the report when i come back.

I will also have to mention tidalfish to them Yankee's.

Eric

[/Q]

Eric,

Check this site out for fishing reports.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPORTS06

I, too, am from NJ - Hail Toms River home of the Indians!!! [excited][excited][excited][excited]

Funny though I used to live in Edison, NJ and went to Jr High at Edison High School building. Hope you have a good trip................... and what do you mean you will be passing by Staten Iisland?? That's a pretty big place to pass by...... [grin]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.