Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a call from scott taylor last night around 6 wanting to know if i was available for a trip today. told him i was as i told the wife i would only fish one day this weekend and didnt get to fish yesterday. he called back around 7 and said he had a few guys lined up and i told him to meet at solomons around 6. departed from there with a crew of 4 total, me and 3 others. had fellow tfer larry(nightfisher2) and bill, one of scotts friends. headed to the fishing grounds where we dumped the boards and went to work setting lines. had one roof rod and 3 board lines out when i looked up to see one of the planer rods get bit. fish on!! a nice 38" to the boat. continued setting lines when we heard that sweet music of a penn 115 letting out a scream. fish on the 350', a nice 39" was coming to the boat. while fighting this fish, the 180 boat rod gets hammered by a fat 40"er. sweet, got the crew limit before all the rods were set. this was looking to be a good day. well we went for about an hour with a few popped rubber bands that never came tight. then the 180 boat rod doubled over:bigfish: larry gets the road and battles a nice 42"er to the boat that was over 30lbs. put him on ice to get the boat fish. time for some catch and release. the day went on with moderate action, it was not wide open, but everyone did get a few turns on the rods and we missed 4 or 5 fish as well. pulled lines around 12 and headed for the barn. fish were all over today, from boat rods to board rods to the roof rod. color was about half and half as well. the seas layed down which made for a smooth ride back to port. all and all the day was filled with tired anglers going home happy with a cooler full of fish. great job today guys:thumbup: i left my camera on the boat so i will have to get it tomorrow so i can post some pics. fishing is good and most of December is still available. dont miss out on this chance to get your fat boy for the winter.

·
Registered
118 Posts
left pa o-dark- 30 my boat still in the drive way.this dont feel right. o well. meeting capt kyle, scott and bill well dont have to wory about line at ramp boats at home. well time to put out the lines relax that the capt's job well help maybe a little had a great day good capt good crew and no worries boats home in drive way thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
We had a fantastic time with Captain Kyle! It was nice to get out and fish again with Scott Taylor and meet a new friend, Larry. I had never trolled before, always defaulting to light tackle, and expected it to be, well...boring. The last time I saw a planner board was while nearly running over one in a sailboat. (So now I know that is what you guys do with those things. Sorry for the delayed apology, Skipper). Boring? NOT! Captain Kyle is a Gorilla striper slayer! I could have used my Ugly Stick to maybe stab some of the beasts we found! If you are looking for a guide, Capt. Kyle turns fishing in to a work of of art and science. This guy knows his trade and I was completley impressed! It is always a great day when you catch fish, meet a new bud, and learn a lot! Thanks, ST, Larry, and Capt. Kyle!
BD

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guys thanks again for the trip, hopefully we can do it again soon.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seems to like fish in it!! i guess when you put them there everyday it has to like it. haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts