Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOT BITE :

Just got the call from my buddy that I have been waiting for, the Crappie/Pickerel are hitting great in Middle River near Mother Mary Statue outfront of Riverwatch on back in the creek, also on the rockpiles heading back to my marina Riley's Marina and Cutters along the rockwall edges.

Time to hit the creeks !!! Good Luck and if you need anymore info let me know !!!!

Baits
Minnows/shad darts
3ft green diver or Mr Twiters spinners in white/char Mike B

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
How do you cast a "3ft green diver "?

Hook him in the weight belt?

:D :D :D :D

Capt Mike
More important, that's for Crappie's on steroids (aka toxic waste):D

I've been waiting to hit the area since it's at my backdoor but the barge doing dredging hasn't looked promising for fishing.

·
Registered
11,172 Posts
OK Mike You're advevturous..now's the time to ride a Kayak.We'll go Saturday...no excuses...guaranteed pickerel.I've got the yaks,waders,life preservers,all you need is the stones.No swimming allowed.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Hey mike,

The stump jumper is a real good bait late april, early may. I would down size for crappie, water is cold. Small bass assasian's are the best and a few others.

Give me a shout. I know where they are here in J-towne:p

Yellow perch up to 13 inches and crappie up to 15 inches..

Phil
(lily):)

410-908-6921 cell

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Phil , funny you should mention J-towne , i was thinking of going up this afternoon , they hitting better in the canels or the pond. Thanks Dave 443-829-0640

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Yellow perch in canals and piers . The pond is also producing nice yellows. Right on the bottom. Crappie are hit and miss with this cold snap, go small and try different depths:D

Good Luck

phil (lily);)

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
Thanks for the tip Mike. I didn,t know there were that many crappie in middle river that you could target them
heres my favorite crappie rig

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Hey Zam I've never seen a button used as a float stopper, at least that's what I'm guessing it is. Can you tell us how it's used? Thanks. BTW, I've seen crappy all the down at Bowleys on Middle River so I guess they'd be all the way up the river where Mike has his slip. It surprised me to when I saw them down my way. I don't believe there's a 100' stretch along the river w/o a dock or pier - plenty of structure.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
Hey Zam I've never seen a button used as a float stopper, at least that's what I'm guessing it is. Can you tell us how it's used? Thanks. BTW, I've seen crappy all the down at Bowleys on Middle River so I guess they'd be all the way up the river where Mike has his slip. It surprised me to when I saw them down my way. I don't believe there's a 100' stretch along the river w/o a dock or pier - plenty of structure.
yeah, I was using the button as a bobber stop. I read somewhere once that it was a good substitute. the button holes have to be small so it dont slide when the rig hits the water though. I usually set the button up about 15" from the lure and reel it in super slow, then move the button up the line about 2" and repeat until I find the right depth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts