Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my OLD good friend Ray (71 years young) today (Weatherman Dave and Phill could not make it) and met up with Travis (Chilli) and my Son-In-Law Rob (Firefish) at the Key Bridge this morning. Chilli and Rob headed for the bay and Ray and I stayed inside and a good thing we did. We caught 2 keepers right off the bat a fat 22 and a 22 ½. :thumbup: After catching about 15 smaller fish we decided to head out in the bay. We found a lot of bait at 6 foot knoll but no fish so we went back in the river where I seen JP and Bob H good seeing both of you guys out there today. :yes: Again we marked a lot of bait but no fish so we headed for some lumps and I pulled in 2 more keepers both were 21” and FAT so we had our limit. :thumbup: It was a awesome day out today but on the way back to the ramp I spotted a very nice looking red and white boat with 3 guys in it and one of those guys was fishing for brown trout, I’m not going to give his name out but his last name starts with a Burgess. :eek2: It was good seeing Mike (Bottom Knocker) and Brian, what a nice boat you have but I would NEVER allow Burgess do that again on your boat. All the fish we caught today were very fat and healthy looking, so I hope that’s a sign of good things to come.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Nice seeing you today Steve. I think Travis was trying to remember who I was when I came along side. It was slow today but at least I got to check out my engine and it''s ready for CBBT. I came from MOW before I ran in to you and Travis and nothing was happening out there - drifted around BS'ing with Scootin and crew. Not bad weather for November.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Steve - Sounds like you did better than most fishing the Bay above the BB as of recent. BTW, how'd was the water clarity at the FSK Bridge?... I might try outta HH this week. Aren't you glad the blues are gone? Nice fighting fish, but enough is enough.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob-Last week at the knolls Phill and I marked some nice fish but caught nothing. I hope things start to turn around soon.

Howard-The water was very clear I would say 2’ visibility and yes I’m also glad the blues are gone but then again we had some bite off our BKD’s last week. Water temp was 55 today in the river and also the bay.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hey Steve, Glad you got some today...I had a crew of 1...Started at fort mac on topwater with no success...Think I saw bottomknocker and his crew in a triton...Headed out towards the bridge and found a nice pod, no takers on the jig...Pulled out the sticks and trolled out to and back from ft smallwood...Pretty crowded out there, saw no action to speak of and headed back in...Ended up with 3 fat keepers, like yours, and 1 dink...Quit about noon and headed home...Talked with JP, guess it really wasn't "on" today for most of us....cujo

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Very low AM high tide.. little current flow in the Patapsco today.. we were luck we got what we got!:rolleyes:

Great to see everyone on the water today:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
nice job fellas. You've been able to find some decent bites there lately. Haven't seen the name Travis (chilli) in a while.

I tried the river yesterday for the first time that far in, it looks super fishy around there but I coudn't entice a bite. It stunk to high hell there yesterday too, and that was before Burgess was around.:yes:

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
I had a feeling you guys would get into some nice fish today,Nice going Steve.

There just may be some hope for the river after all.

Hey... and no wind today ,Wonder why?:D

·
Registered
715 Posts
Good seeing you fellas out there today. We picked a 28, 24 and one 18. Also got a few under size. Still a good day with good company.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a feeling you guys would get into some nice fish today,Nice going Steve.

There just may be some hope for the river after all.

Hey... and no wind today ,Wonder why?:D
Ya Roger I just wonder why we did not have NO wind, now that is funny as he##. Let me know if you're getting out next week, we just might hit the river again.

Cujo-Sorry I forgot to mention ya, just wish we could of had a little more time today I think the fish where just ready to turn on. Good talking to you this morning

Mike-It was good seeing everyone on the water today it reminds me of ole times out there. I hope we can do it again one day

Frank-it did have a little smell to it again today but what do you expect form a river that every other month you have a sewer spill. Give me a call one day and I'll fill you in

Thanks Zam I think there is hope for the river

Brian- Glad to hear you guys got some more fish after we left, I guess it was due to the deposit that Burgess put in the water the fish are use to that down there, let me know if your getting out again and I really like your boat

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Steve I will definitely let you know,and like you said I think even better fishing is yet to come.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Steve,
we were planning on hitting the river today, too.
but there was a car parked in our alley:nono: and we couldn't find the owner:censored:
they finally came out at around noon but we were doing yard work by that time!!!
we'll be out tomorrow....i hope

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Hey Steve- we heard Burgess callin' ya today, tried to get him but we were likely too far north. We did the eel and cut bait thing on a buddy's boat east of Pooles, worked down to Hodges on the jig, and drew nada. A few nice perch on the jig, one 8" striper. Nice day though, I was a guest on a sweet 30' boat, so I call it a success!
Pat in Joppa

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Steve, Glad to hear your day went better than mine day was Friday on the water.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Steve-O, Glad to see you had a good day out there finally. Hope it keeps up for you. Who knows maybe the WWDs will have fish this year. Wouldn't that be nice?

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
one of those guys was fishing for brown trout, I'm not going to give his name out but his last name starts with a Burgess. :eek2:
I've seen MB catch and release his OWN brown trout before....what a SIGHT!!!!!:eek2::eek::eek2::pp

WTG Steve!!! Sounds like ya found a few! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts