Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The crew today was Steve (goinsfishing) and Alberto (tydog). Started the morning with a stop at Marty's and Jim told me what they did the night before. We left the West and headed for the mouth of Ebay.

Got over there and found some birds working right away. We started jigging and picked up some short fish. I looked up and there was Capt. John Deering. The Shady Lady is never far from biting fish. This lasted for about an hour and then the birds went away an fish stopped biting.

We took out the trolling tackle and put out 6 rods. We got our first keeper at the tip of the hill a nice 23" fish. It was very fat. Picked up our second fish in the same spot it was a 20" fish. We kept trolling but bite was not doing much. There were quite a few boats there today.

I heard Sykesville on the radio and told him what we had done. He was just getting started. We started down the ledge to 84A and 84. Once we got to 84 we headed over to the western shore. Saw tons of bait but no fish around 83. I hailed Sykesville and Jeff said something was starting to work he would get back to me. When he hailed me he was catching a good grade of fish. He said "you know where you were this morning. I am there". We pulled in the lines and headed back over.

When I got there it there were a bunch of people I knew working these fish - Sykesville, PowerPlay, One Fish and Joe Massi. I am sure there were a quite a few more TF'ers working them too.

It didn't take long to finish our limit. The action was pretty good. When we got down to needing one more fish all hell broke loose. Boat traffic as pretty heavy with everybody moving around fish and birds. Two rods went down and as Alberto and Steve were working those. Another rod went down. By the time the frenzy was over all 6 rods had been hit and caught fish. The last rod was a double on a tandem storm.

We put away the trolling gear and went back to jigging for fish and working the birds. We caught some nice fish on the jig - stingsilver with dropper fly, Hopkins and BA were catching. However, the better quality of fish came trolling.

It was a great day with a bunch of fish and seeing everybody on the water.

·
Registered
902 Posts
We were in the middle of it.
Love being in the right place at the right time

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
jerry, mucho fish for us, they were not huge but action for the duration of the trip. the guys even extended the trip for 2 hrs. fun day nice kids too.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Jerry

Thank you for the invite, always a pleasure to fish with you and Steve.
The fishing was AWESOME!!! It was great watching Steve reel in 2 keepers on the tandem set up. Funny part was when a TFer called you asking is Steve was hung up on something...nah just 2 keepers.

Not sure what had more traffic, the mouth of Ebay or Rt 50 on the way home. Could not believe how crowded it got out there. I want to say thank you to all as just about everyone played nice.

Special thanks to Sykesville for the call. :thumbup:

BTW, saw a few Judge boats out there, man I like them there boats. :yes:

Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Nice Job Guys!Jerry I was there in the a.m. on the small Fish.Was next to John when I saw you go by.We left and went to the Tank.What time did those bigger Fish turn on? [Mike]

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Guys, thanks for the shout out when things started getting fast and furious. I put a bunch of perch in the cooler at #1, then heard you all were having such a good time I came over to investigate. I did put two 20 inch fish in the cooler before I left.

·
Registered
160 Posts
SwartJ-

That was a great day of fishing yesterday! We got our limit and our biggest was 32"! I had my Dad and a first time fishing buddy from my neighborhood.

I can't wait to fish over there again!

It was great talking to everyone!

Sykesville
Rhode River

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Great job Jerry good report and nice fish

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Great report Jerry. Guess we gave up too soon. We've gotten spoiled fishing during the week. The morning crowd was pretty civilized though. Might have figured it was a lot of TF'ers. :thumbup:

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lone Ranger - the bite started around 3:00

Mega Jack - Thanks for letting me know where the bite was. Always a pleasure working fish with you.

CarterCrew - You were fishing right next to me for a while.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Hey Jerry,

nice feeshing with you guys and Jeff and all the others.

my first trip in a couple weeks.
time to start hitting it hard. (of course I'm busy tomorrow, wind the next day.....oh well):D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Jerry nice talking to you. I saw you guys pull a nice one in trolling:thumbup:I ended up with about 10 fish biggest at 26 all released to fight another day. My 2 yr old was helping me release them then trying to get in the water to get them back.. Too funny.We were the last boat at 6:00pm and they were still there.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Jerry nice talking to you. I saw you guys pull a nice one in trolling:thumbup:I ended up with about 10 fish biggest at 26 all released to fight another day. My 2 yr old was helping me release them then trying to get in the water to get them back.. Too funny.We were the last boat at 6:00pm and they were still there.
Power Play

I was with Jerry and I think I saw you. You had your son and wife with you? If that was you, man do I like your boat. Looks great. :thumbup: Saw your son running in and out, too funny. I have four myself and I love it when they are out with me. :yes:

·
Registered
227 Posts
It was an outstanding fall C'bay day there...............I was really impressed that even though there was a crowd, everyone behaved and played nice together..........I wish I didn't have the long haul back to the inner harbor in Balt......great fun and excellent fishing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts