Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bigfish:Left Cattail about 0800hrs heading for some line dragging/collision fishin' out in the main part of the bay today. Hadn't had a lot of success on previous trips but it was one of those days that seemed about right-water temp 54-59 degrees. Worked the area along the channel out in front of Podickery and across the north side of the bridge without marking fish. Saw the Becky-D working light tackle just north of the bridge on the ES side and headed up through the dumping grounds w/o sucess. Worked north to the LP bouy area without marking fish and was wondering about the day and what was happening. Had not gone for such a long period w/o seeing some fish. Plenty of bait in the water but no good marks. Getting ready to pack it in about low tide when we got a hit on a big chartruse spoon and cranked in a 28" keeper. At least the day wasn't for naught. Decided to take one more turn about and see if there was more action and after a turn or two decided we were only going to get one fillet apiece. Decided to head back to the Magothy when the screen lit up and -4- rods went down. Time for "Chinese Firedrill" One in the box and four fish on and I am happy to say we landed three immediately which went in the box - MMMM- rockfish fillets for dinner. After we got the three rods untangled, I told my buddy it was time to reel in the forth and clear the lines and head for the barn. Had forgotten that there was a 4th fish on who kept following the boat- we thought we had lost him. Cranked him in and as it turned out he was a larger fish but he went back as the box had already been filled. It was getting on to 1400hrs and so we quit without stressing anymore fish. Good day on the water- lots of sun, great camraderie, yukkin it up and a smooth ride home. Life can't be much better.:rockingreport:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts