Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The crew today was Ira, Jeff (Goose70) and Sean (PerchJerk). I have been finding fish on the western shore fairly close to home so I didn't see any reason to change the plan. There were some cold related issues before we got away from the dock (battery and frozen pee hole) but we got those solved quickly and were under way.

We came out of the West River and headed south to about Herring Bay and started putting out planer boards. Had about half of them out when one got hit. A tandem storm golden mullet did the trick and we had a 26" football in the box.

I rigged the tandem storms a bit differently today. I would take two lengths of leader, one about two feet shorter than the other and tie them to a swivel snap. On the short leader I put a bead, then a 2 oz egg sinker, another bead an a crimp about 18" up from the end. The I crimped the storms on the end. This provided me more separation between the baits. It worked great.

We worked our way down toward Chesapeake Beach and the Radar Towers. The next fish hit a white tandem chute w/9" shad on the board. Sean worked a nice 36" fish to the boat that went in the box. The best rod today was a white umbrella with twin golden mullet storms, 20 oz inline about 80' back. We caught several fish in the 26 - 24" on that rod.

Saw some birds working and trolled by there and had a flurry of fish hit at the same time. Two more went in the box and one about 20" went back. We needed one more fish and we thought another pass through that pod would get us a better fish. It didn't work out quite like that. We worked the area but it took awhile before a fish it a chartruse chute w/9" shad. Jeff grabbed the rod and worked a 36" fish to the boat. It was about 2:00 now so we worked the area for about another half hour an pulled the lines.

On the way back to the West River we found a bunch of birds working so we broke out the jigging rods. Ira had the best fish out of the bunch a 28" fish on a gold hopkins. Jeff and I had doubles as we had a dropper fly on. Everybody caught fish. We could have gotten a limit out of that pod of fish. That was a nice cap to the day.

Talked to goinsfishin, Tydog, Contender21 and a few others. The weather was nice, seas flat and the fish were biting. It doesn't get much better.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
The crew today was Ira, Jeff (Goose70) and Sean (PerchJerk). I have been finding fish on the western shore fairly close to home so I didn't see any reason to change the plan. There were some cold related issues before we got away from the dock (battery and frozen pee hole) but we got those solved quickly and were under way.

We came out of the West River and headed south to about Herring Bay and started putting out planer boards. Had about half of them out when one got hit. A tandem storm golden mullet did the trick and we had a 26" football in the box.

I rigged the tandem storms a bit differently today. I would take two lengths of leader, one about two feet shorter than the other and tie them to a swivel snap. On the short leader I put a bead, then a 2 oz egg sinker, another bead an a crimp about 18" up from the end. The I crimped the storms on the end. This provided me more separation between the baits. It worked great.

We worked our way down toward Chesapeake Beach and the Radar Towers. The next fish hit a white tandem chute w/9" shad on the board. Sean worked a nice 36" fish to the boat that went in the box. The best rod today was a white umbrella with twin golden mullet storms, 20 oz inline about 80' back. We caught several fish in the 26 - 24" on that rod.

Saw some birds working and trolled by there and had a flurry of fish hit at the same time. Two more went in the box and one about 20" went back. We needed one more fish and we thought another pass through that pod would get us a better fish. It didn't work out quite like that. We worked the area but it took awhile before a fish it a chartruse chute w/9" shad. Jeff grabbed the rod and worked a 36" fish to the boat. It was about 2:00 now so we worked the area for about another half hour an pulled the lines.

On the way back to the West River we found a bunch of birds working so we broke out the jigging rods. Ira had the best fish out of the bunch a 28" fish on a gold hopkins. Jeff and I had doubles as we had a dropper fly on. Everybody caught fish. We could have gotten a limit out of that pod of fish. That was a nice cap to the day.

Talked to goinsfishin, Tydog, Contender21 and a few others. The weather was nice, seas flat and the fish were biting. It doesn't get much better.
---Ya Probably saw me making circles out there off H. point 34'--Fished a area less than 1/4 mile in Circumfinace --Bigst Problem was Wakes from boats going south. & Big Boys running the 45 " line --

·
Premium Member
26,103 Posts
Thanks for the rigging tip on the tandem Storms :thumbup:. Golden Mullet- you say :D.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also pearl with a red head.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Awsome day one of the best nov. days I have ever fished thanks for the ride Jerry
Ditto. Great day with a great crew.:yes: And thanks for letting me grab the rod with the big fish! My kids loved seeing it, my 3-year old son "helped" me clean it and that prompted him to actually eat a fish dinner (we'll see how long that lasts).

Thanks very much, Jerry....it's hard to imagine a better November trip.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Jerry good talking to you. We ended up getting 4 overs 31-39 inches and one under 22 inches. Fished by the choptank most of the day.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Jerry

Always good talking to you. Way to get them. I knew I should have stayed on the West Side. For me, nothing but a bunch of small rock, 1 keeper rock at 18.5 which we released, and some BIG white perch which I fried up. Overall still a great day on the water.

Thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts