Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an email newsletter from Annapolis based BOE Marine, that they are blowing out Garmin 2210 GPS's for $1350. This is the 10.5" color screen with all the loaded software. I thought I would share since I paid over $1800 for my 2010c without software about 18months ago. It is a great, easy to use unit.....

Here is the link to it on their site:
http://www.byownerelectronics.com/store/product.php?productid=32465&cat=0&page=1

I think you have to at to cart to see the price....

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Been looking at this unit and the price is pretty good. Anyone have one before I commit? I've never heard anythign bad about Garmin electronics.

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMHO Garmins are best and easiest to use. I run a 2010c (same unit just without the preloaded charts). You can get a sounder module and use it as combo unit as well. I use mine as a combo unit with the GSD-20 (not sure the differences with the updated GSD-21 with the unit on sale). For $1570 you get a 10.5" color screen with loaded charts and fish finder.

This how the ad reads:
We just got a load of Garmin 2210's that are being cleared out for the 2007 line-up. This is one of Garmin's most popular units. Huge 10.4 inch display, and pre-loaded with Garmin G2 Bluecharts for the whole coastline of the USA. The unit includes everything you need to get going - gps antenna, flush mount kit, and display. It can easily be made a Fishfinder by adding the GSD-21 Sounder Module for $220. We have been doing this a long time and can honestly say we have never seen a better deal for a unit like this. We have plenty left but they are selling out quickly. Order soon before we sell out. Have a great winter!

Here is how mine looks blowing the carbon out of the Opti :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm starting the research process now on a new chartplotter/gps/fishfinder combo (currently only have handheld) and I see where this is "flush mount" - - does that mean that you do not have to drill thru anywhere outside of where the unit is mounted on the dashboard? Excuse the ignorance, but I'm just now starting to learn about these - hope to have something installed (by someone else) prior to April.....Thanks - Andy

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can flush mount or mount on a bracket. I have mine on a bracket because I have no room to flush mount. I think it comes with a kit to do either way. Call them and ask. I have bought from the owner Jim a bunch of times and he is extremely helpful..

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
I have the 178C,I love it.Just wish the screen was a little bigger like this one.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Going to the boat show to try and find some deals on electronics for my new ride...this makes my decision even harder........but thanks, that is a great price!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Garmin 2010c

I have the 2010, installed since 2001~a great unit. Also have the USB updater for the card slots so you can have one Blue Chart and anything else you want in the other. You can also do unit software updates by downloading to the USB card and just installing the card when you start it up. The best part, that 10" viewing screen can be seen while I'm @ the stern working fish. As shown above, it's a pretty big hole you have to cut in your dash if flush mounting it. I was a little hesitant w/ a new boat, but just go slow, measure twice & cut once.
Have used it in the GOMEX and here in the LANT.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
If I've learned nothing else from this post, I've learned that everyone on TF has nicer and more nicely mounted electronics than me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i have a 2006c since 02 i thin-never have had a problem with the unit-that a v good price on the 2010-i wish i would have sprung for the larger screen-the garmins are easy to use, features aplenty and seem to be reliable-the only thing i have ever heard was that the screen coating can go-ithink if you use cleaners on it-i have only used a damp towel and have never had a problem-good luck-i do not think your gonna be able to beat the price locally
flan

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just ordered a Garmin 2210 from BOE. $1350.00 plus tax. Looks like exactly what i need to fill that big space on the helm. Cmon SPRING!!
My brother has the gsd-21 bottom machine hes gonna sell so it will be a sounder as well

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP B-FAITHFUL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts