Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got through the cut at about 3pm and found working birds right away, but all the fish seemed small so I started searching again and found more birds, more small Stripers to 20", I eventually found a spot where there was a better grade of fish, most were in the mid to upper 20"s, but a few were at or near 30", with the biggest at 32", I had to keep the 32" because it was a bleeder. started out catching them with a stingsilver but I lost it to a snag, I switched to a hopkins and that worked just as good. the forcast of 5 knot winds was way off, I had waves crashing over my stern

·
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I haven't caught any Blues in over a week, at one spot where there were working birds it looked like there may had been some Blues on my fishfinder, but I never caught any

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Nice report Zam- I thought the wind forcast was a little off today... it sure wasnt looking very good from my place...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Zam - I appreciate your posts. It gives us all a pattern to plot. Wish I had the time to float that you do. Thanks for your service to our bay community.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
WTG!

Another great trip! :yes:
Have you tried replacing the trebles on your spoons with single hooks? That may help reduce the numbers of those bleeders.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Mr. 30 inches, jeez, can't you get anything bigger:D

Nice feeshing ZAM

TIGHT LINES!!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Zam,
I found the same thing around my area. I got out arounf 5:30 and fished for 45 minutes. I caught all the fish I could want.

·
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another great trip! :yes:
Have you tried replacing the trebles on your spoons with single hooks? That may help reduce the numbers of those bleeders.
I rarely ever have a problem with treble hooks, I always cut one of the hooks off (I guess they are really double hooks) most of the time they are hooked in the lip. The fish yesterday almost had the spoon in its stomach. He still seemed really lively but he lost so much blood, I didn't think he had much of a chance of living. My Brother in law was happy to take it:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts