Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was my last day fishing until trophy season since my baby girl will be popping out in the next few weeks. Left the dock around 8 and ran straight out of the south and headed towards 86. Dropped the boards and 13 lines... decided to go all white today since that was the hot color the last few trips. The water color was not as clear as the last few weeks. water temp 48-50 in the channel.

First fish was about 9:15 and was a fat 28" on a 6oz 2oz tandem off the boards. Soon after got a 32" on a small white bucktail 25' down on the downrigger. We picked up 4 more in the next hour or so from 22-26" on the eastern shelf. Also had a nice knockdown on the wwb big tony.

Then things slowed... Skip was hitting some nice fish S of me so I went that way. As I was passing him we finally hit a fat 36" on a small white umbrella off the planers. As we were bringing lines in I got the last fish a fat 28" on a small white stormbrella off the boards.

Final tally was 36, 32, 28, 28, 27, 25, 24, 22. All on white.. a few deep but most with no extra weight on the boards.... all 55-100ft of water. Also lots of leaves and marsh grass floating around. I did have a handful of lures that had marsh grass on them at one point so check them especially if you run through a tide line or something.

fat 32" from the downrigger

Nice 36" off the boards

Great talking to Skip today... Oh and watch for the gill netters there was one by 86 today... had markers running with his net.

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Thanks for the call- it pointed me in the right direction :yes:.

You are a brave man running all white but looks like it paid off well :clapping2:.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul... she was great. Warming up for her HBO special. She is one crazy B*&th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts