Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife and I are planning to drive down to FL from Alexandria, VA for 5-7 days around the end of this month. We're broke students at the moment so we'll be camping.

I sold my boat to help us pay for school so all we have are 2 SOT kayaks. Sad story right?

We're looking for ANY advice you guys can provide as to state/national parks on the water with some decent fishing. We've been browsing various state websites but I'm hoping someone can share some first hand experience.

***Also, if any of you are planning to go out, we could certainly throw in some gas/bait/beer money if you wanted some company. We have a fair amount of experience fishing and boating on the Chesapeake Bay so we should be easy company.

Feel free to shoot me an email: davewvu86 AT gmail.com

Dave

·
Registered
843 Posts
the KOA on fiesta key is awsome. little marina, showers, small store, bridges and flats and in the middle of the keys for day trips to other locations. not the cheapest camp ground and i would suggest reservations, but reall fun.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Flamingo for sure would be number one considering only fishing. Bigg09's remarks regarding keys prices are right on otherwise I'd move it up to number one. Others: Sebastian Inlet State Park - heavy fishing pressure but thats partly because fish are there. Camping is in the open.; NE Florida State Parks: Ft Clinch, Amelia Island, Talbot Islands, etc. Camping is not available at all of these but is at several. You won't have to drive as far and fishing is surprisingly good. A very pretty area. Good luck and let us know how you do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts