Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
launched out of the new ramp in Newport,run up into white clay for a look see caught 2 nice LM's right in front of a duck blind,then out to the mouth and found plenty of willing shad and a couple WP,then as the tide was ripping out found a nice rip behind the junk yards dropped the hook and caught some monster catties 9.2lbs 8.5 lbs and 6.8 lb and a bunch of schoolie sized rock with one going 29in's all on fresh cut bait,got dark and cold,back at the the ramp at low tide tough getting the boat on the trailer,great night on the water with 5 kinds of fish caught,going out sunday afternoon and head down to greens beach a friend slayed some nice rock there on sat..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice report. I have explored a little up there with limited success. Nice to know somebody is up there pulling out some fish. How did you catch the shad? I wonder how far they go up the White clay?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good job getting a nice variety. Shame that I live 3 minutes from that ramp and have yet to go out of there, nice little 14 alum boat with a 15 hp and a trolling motor. I really need to launch from there some time. Good luck on your next run out of there...

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M-SIFF they go as far as they can get,have caught them above the dam behind shone's lumber,good place when the tide drops and they get caught on the up side of the dam,theres a nice little hole they will hold up in right at the base of the dam,but the shad we caught in the report were in white clay right around the mouth of hershey creek,

·
Registered
30 Posts
hmm...I will have to figure out that area to see what you are talking about. I know of a damn all the way up in PA where I trout fish. Man would it be coolto catch shad up there. It is beautiful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts