Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I follow mergers and acquisitions closely and knew that Newell Rubbermaid bought out Jarden. I didn't know that Jarden had already bought out Pure Fishing.
Jarden had previously bought out some of the other tackle manufacturers, like Hardy. You have to get scorecard in order to know who are the players.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Jarden Corporation, the parent company of tackle giant Pure Fishing, has agreed to be acquired by Newell Rubbermaid Inc. for more than $15 billion in cash and stocks, multiple sources report.

The merger will create a $16 billion consumer goods company called Newell Brands that will encompass not only Pure Fishing brands like Penn, Berkley, Abu Garcia and others, but also additional outdoor brands like Coleman and Marmot.

http://fishingtackleretailer.com/jarden-and-rubbermaid-merge-in-15-billion-deal/

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I follow mergers and acquisitions closely and knew that Newell Rubbermaid bought out Jarden. I didn't know that Jarden had already bought out Pure Fishing.
Jarden had previously bought out some of the other tackle manufacturers, like Hardy. You have to get scorecard in order to know who are the players.
07 or 08 if I remember correctly. Coleman, K2, Pure fishing are wholly owned subsidiaries of Jarden, and each other somehow. I know one thing, someone is going to accounting hell. This last merger doesn't make sense, unless both companies are hurting for liquidity, and need some more smoke and mirrors. Jarden made a 1.5 billion aquisition not too long ago. We'll see. Look at the bright side, Abu spools fit on Penn reels...

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
This is good news if you are an antitrust lawyer.

Oh, and BTW, this should provide some assistance in the debate over the economic value of sportfishing (and other outdoor sports).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts