Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met smells like fish, (Bill) at the otter point public boat launch around 4 yesterday evening...Started the run out the Bush River looking for birds....Found the birds outside the river and immediately began catching dink stripers on 4" sassy shads...It was a little choppy and the topwater bite was not on..Played with them for an hour or so and caught about 30 or so...When that slowed, set up on my favorite point for the tide change, high to low...Slung the first eel and was rewarded with a fat 24" rock....Next eel brought its twin to the boat...Next eel brought a fat 10 or so pound channel cat in the boat....Bills turn now with a pickup and his was a fat 20 or so inch striper...Next came another good cat...It slowed soon after with a few pickups but no hookups...Went to another point and picked up 1 more good whisker...Called it a night about 8:30 or so....Bill is a fishing machine and was a great boat companion..It is nice to have someone who knows how to recover a boat...And how to fish...Hope the weather lets us get out some more this year....The river temp had gone into the mid 50's since the low 80's 3 weeks ago...The bay outside the river has cooled to the high 50's and low 60's....That was a great drop in a short time...cujo

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Last night was a good time Bill. Thanks for the kind words but truth be told, I got my butt handed to me by cujo.....I only managed one fish by way of eeling:yes: Had several runs but I must have been doing something a little wrong. Goes to show, theres always more to learn.:thumbup: Thanks for the invite Bill, you really have the eeling thing down.:thumbup:

P.s. I never new Cats would eat eels.

Bill

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's all good....Thanks for talking me out of cancelling the trip....I just cleaned those rock and found nothing in their bellies?? They were fat, must have been something good out there somewhere... 4 nice fillets ready for the grill later...And thanks for not making fun of my T.I.T.S....Looking forward to fishing with you again...cujo

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Cheers boys... sounds like a great trip. I almost havent even thought about eels in what seems like forever. Used to use them all the time, might have to try them out again... I forgot how much fun they were to catch on!

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
nice job fellas

Haven't seen an eeling report in a while and haven't done it in 4 years.

thanks for posting!!

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice catchin guys! Thanks for the report Cujo. Gotta meet up with you sometime to do some fishing. Got my PB rock at the CBBT on a live eel a few winters ago so they really work. We can still LL after the spot move out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts