Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
met Rich, his dad, shannon, and Neal this morning at solomons with some top water action in mind first thing. left the dock and ran up river to a few spots to see what was happening. got to the first spot and fish were there fairly thick. unfortunitly a lot of our bites were short strikes with few hook ups. the fish were good size with the biggest being around 23". fished top water til around 9 or so when the bite died off. ran back towards solomons for some structure fishing to find a lot of stripers, but all just at that hair to short line. ran for the bay and on the way we found some more just unders breaking at the mouth. ended up with one more keeper striper and lots and lots of throw backs. good sign for the future though. although we didnt manage a limit of fish today, we had good action almost all day. if the fish had of hooked up better early this morning then a limit would have been no problem. i want to thank Rich and the gang for the trip this morning, hopefully i was helpful in giving a few pointers for fall fishing in the rivers. by the way, NEAL, i have a black and blue welt where that jig struck me in the head. just remember, i dont get mad, I GET EVEN:D

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thanks for the report, Kyle. After reading your recent posts, I did some topwater fishing around Solomon's last night and got my first keeper of the season, which was a 19 incher. I noticed a lot of short strikes, too, but I figure I need more practice. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Had an awesome trip Kyle. Sweet to see those fish blowing up those topwater baits with a vengence. It's funny I've fished that area for almost 10 years and I learned more today than I have in one day's fishing than I can recall......As for the jig to the head well......................it's all in the wrist. :thumbup: (Really was just due to a commy blue coming unglued at the last second but now I'm feeling a bit guilty). Call it an occupational hazard for the Captain I guess. If you get a chance to fish with Kyle look him up. He's the man. McG.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
McG, you know i gotta give you a hard time about that. dont feel guilty, even though you were using my rod at that!! i do worse then that to myself. i had a bait go flying over the T-top the other day. things were not as hot and heavy as i hoped they would be today. the fishing was good, but there is a better. stick with the top water and you will have days where it is every cast as soon as the bait hits the water almost. great fishing with you guys today, hope to see you again. good luck this fall. let me know if you need anything.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Thanks for the report,sound like you guys had a good day of fishing.

Are the blues still around?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Blues seem to be thinning out a bit.....had breaking fish south of Solomons today with only a few blues caught. Many keeper Stripers in the mix. Had some very large fish on crank baits on some near shore structure today. Some great fish around right now......

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stayed in the creeks this morning, just me and a buddy on his 19' carolina skiff, started fishing @7 limit in the boat @ 715. these fish were just over 18" with the biggest being around 19". this is a spot where having a small boat is the only way you can fish it. there have been times when we would have to push the boat off some sand here, and this boat is designed to float in 4" of water!! on a really high tide like what we have had lately these fish come in here, but it is either all or nothing with no in between.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts