Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys ever deal with that web page traden stuff. you know. I don't want to put a link here so I didn't finish with .com?:confused:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hey Walt. I haven't bought anything from him but I did trade some emails with him a while back about one of the reels he's selling. I offered him what they've been going for on eBay and he declined. I think his prices are generally a little bit higher than what the items go for on eBay and I think eBay is a pretty good barometer for fly gear values.

He was certainly nice enough in his emails. He seems like a good guy.

David

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dav I was thinking about selling or trading him a rod that I don't use. I would rather sell it my self but just haven't found any one interested in it. its a high end rod and is new. I've never fished it. So I'm not really interested in just giving it away for a whole lot less then its worth. I'll sell it very reasonable but not for a give away price. I though I would check with some here about that place before I email him. thanks again.

·
Registered
635 Posts
No prob Walt. If you do end up trading with him I'd be interested to hear if you think he gave you a fair price (no $ amounts, just whether you think it was fair or not) for your rod. I was thinking of a trade myself for the reel I was interested in but I never pursued it cuz I figured I wouldn't get much for the rod.

Good luck if you decide to trade with him. David

·
Registered
490 Posts
I've bought two reels and a rod from him and have been happy with the service and the prices. Not sure how the selling side works, but buying was a breeze.

-D

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Dav's I just emailed him to see if he is interested. After looking at his list I didn't see anything I was really interested in for myself. So I would only be interested in selling it to him. I'll let everybody know if it works out. Its all ways good to find sites other then ebay. But I still my end up using them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a few fly lines and assorted stuff in the last 6 weeks and he was fine to deal with. product arrived quickly and as described. Just my two cents....

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks again every one. I'm into emails with him now. We will see what happens. I still may just put it on ebay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts