Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,
After a couple of years of using an inferior bow, I finally broke down and got a good bow. After shooting and watching a buddy(Rick AKA TOOLBOX) shoot his V-TEC, I knew that I wanted a Hoyt. All of the bow reviews in the outdoor magazines always had the hoyt at the top.
So, off to Marchios(super nice guy and shop) we go. Looked at the new Trykon, and the powertec. Shot both. Trykon was considerably heavier, and I honestly couldn't tell the difference in the way both shot. To top it off, the powertec was $200 cheaper. Owner of the shop had me set up and out the door in no time.
Anyway, the bow is super quiet, smooth and fast. Also shoots good, tight groups. Love it. I'll let you know how it does in Sept when I'm aiming at the real thing

·
Registered
156 Posts
JUNK! Should have bought a parker! Try a parker out and you'll wanna get rid of that darn thing! I shoot a lot of tourneys and yeah the Hoyt is a good bow on the tournament end of archery but as far as hunting I myself think you might be dissatisfied!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Now that was not nice at all.
You say,
"the Hoyt is a good bow on the tournament end of archery but as far as hunting I myself think you might be dissatisfied!"
Please explain what that means.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to the Hoyt family! Been shooting my Hyoer-tec for quite a few years now. Won't ever buy anything other then a Hoyt. Good luck with her and shoot straight!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You'll be very happy with your Hoyt. My buddy and me have been shooting them for 2 years. Nice smooth shooting bow. You'll alway have some a**hole telling you if you don't shoot what they shoot it's junk. There really isn't to much junk any more, almost everyone is making some nice shooting bows. It's all on comfort and feel, but mostly I think if your confident with what your shooting, you can't go wrong. I've shoot next to some people shooting alot less expensive bow than mine and he shoot just as good as I did.

Remember it's all in your confidence!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
They are all pretty good bows. I have the Tribute and love it. Had a Hoyt Predator and loved it. All preference - and apparently we all have our own. I can say with some certainty though that most of the bows today are high quality and each has its own niche. The Matthews Switchback is smooth but slow, the Trykon is smooth and rock solid at full draw but has a tough initial pull, the Tribute... well it is just sweet...[wink]

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey fellas, thanks for the welcome to the family. I figured someone would have something to say just to hear himself say something, but either way, I am extremely pleased with my bow. Like others have said, it is more a matter of a personal preference, and this is the one I liked. Like I said, I'll let you know how it performs once ol' whitetail comes under the stand. Take care all

·
Registered
366 Posts
You made the right choice. Parkers are great for the beginner. And Mathews bows only kill does. I have been shooting a Cybertec for hunting and a Ultratec for 3D. The VTEC would have been a great choice as a hunting bow being a little shorter The Protec has been a top bow for years and will serve you great. Good luck on the new bow.

·
Registered
471 Posts
A real bow is a stick with some string. I shot a matthews and love it. Hoyts are great bows also. Along with bowtechs, parkers, pse's, martins, etc... etc.... etc.... It is all in your confidence level, skill and ability.

·
Registered
45 Posts
He's just pushing buttons, ignore they stop. Just go to any bow hunting site you'll here the same my bow is better than your bow. I don't even click on the titles any more.

Make it a quick clean kill!

Tim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts