Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly a test run for some recent repairs and upgrades to the boat, but I got out for about an hour today. There was a nice window of relative calm between 4:30 and 5:30 PM. I didn't really expect fish but was surprised to see a few marks around the bridge. I couldn't catch 'em though. I'm not even sure what I was seeing, mostly solo fish suspended deep about 50 yards below the rockpiles. Water temp at the mouth of the Magothy is 42 and it's 38.5 at the Bay Bridge. The water is still relatively clear but I noticed a few sticks and small logs near the channel. I plan to give it a more serious go tomorrow and see what happens.

Did anyone catch the eclipse tonight? It was cloudy to the East at dark, but the clouds cleared here about 6:30 just after totality. It was bright with the dark part of the moon bloody red until it was over. Pretty darn kewl! -Shawn

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Always nice to get out if only for a cruise. I didnt get a line wet today so youve got one up on me:))

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
thanx for the report, and any report good enuff this time of year. good luck to you in '07!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I was getting consistent temp readings in the upper 40's in the upper Choptank (Denton) on Saturday. I know there was a fair amount of freshwater/springwater/rainwater flowing in, but I wasn't expecting it to be that warm, there was ice there 10 days ago.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
809 Posts
Glad to hear the water temp is on the clim.
Looking forward to your report on todays trip Shawn.

You guys are killin' me! All I can do is sit back and read about everyone getting out. Me and the boat are ready, but the truck is in the shop waiting for a new engine.:eek: Hope to get out there soon.

Tight Lines!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts