Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to put my new enclosure through a valid testing this past weekend in Virginia Beach. Canvas Plus in North East, MD replaced my old 3 sided enclosure and with some improvements over the original design on my 23 Regulator. Enclosure was constructed with Stamoid canvas and Strata glass and held together with gore-tex thread and YKK zippers. Had wind out of the north, 15+ knot on Friday & 10 knot on Saturday, with 2-3 ft chop. Never felt a single drop of spray regardless of direction or boat speed (1.5 to 38 knots). Side curtains are very taught, no flapping at any speed. Kevin did not skimp on the Strata glass either, big panels for unobstructed viewing. Kevin met my expectations and feel that I got good value for my money.

Guess I should add a fishing report too; Friday was great, limit of 20-30 lbs stripers and Sat not so good, fish were a few miles outside the 3 mile line.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother,
By chance do you have any photos so we can see what it looks like??? There's a nice yellow Regulator 23 at Fairwinds Marina, but; I never see it in the water. Do you know who ownes it ???

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea who owns the yellow 23 Reg. Can take pictures once the storms pass and I can take the cover off.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Finally got to put my new enclosure through a valid testing this past weekend in Virginia Beach. Canvas Plus in North East, MD replaced my old 3 sided enclosure and with some improvements over the original design on my 23 Regulator. Enclosure was constructed with Stamoid canvas and Strata glass and held together with gore-tex thread and YKK zippers. Had wind out of the north, 15+ knot on Friday & 10 knot on Saturday, with 2-3 ft chop. Never felt a single drop of spray regardless of direction or boat speed (1.5 to 38 knots). Side curtains are very taught, no flapping at any speed. Kevin did not skimp on the Strata glass either, big panels for unobstructed viewing. Kevin met my expectations and feel that I got good value for my money.

Guess I should add a fishing report too; Friday was great, limit of 20-30 lbs stripers and Sat not so good, fish were a few miles outside the 3 mile line.
Ha! So you are the one with the Regulator 23. My Sea Hunt was at Kevin's getting an enclosure at the same time you were. Nice boat. I wondered who owned it.

Regards,
TED

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Had wind out of the north, 15+ knot on Friday & 10 knot on Saturday, with 2-3 ft chop. Never felt a single drop of spray regardless of direction or boat speed (1.5 to 38 knots).
I thought Regulators were guaranteed to run dry no matter what the weather- that's why I went with a Parker, every once in a while I need a good shot of spray to keep me alert!

Seriously, sounds like a nice setup- if you don't mind me asking, what was the ballpark price?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Yoooh Tony (aka: I think I'll sit here!). I'm too cheap and bought the same stuff myself, 40 mil strataglass, stamoid, etc. Not 100% done the job but we cut the strataglass the same size as my old curtains using them as templates. Since I've got the glass the full piece it gives me more strength, especially for towing w/the enclosure up. Here's a couple pics...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey Terp,

You are a man of many talents, write great code, clean tuna like no tomorrow and you can sew to boot. Great looking job even if it is on a albe :eek:

Ted - Thanks

CC - Didn't want to send pricing across the message board, will let Kevin do that, but you have mail.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Terp,

That looks pretty good!!! So I guess you can now sit up front and not feel like you're in the shower? Is the Pinto next?

ND

1 - 11 of 11 Posts