Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, would anyone happen to have the gps coordinates for the sewer pipe? I just installed my new unit and would like to punch them in there so i dont have to spend 30 minutes drivinf around looking for it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
26,133 Posts
It should be on most charts in newer GPS units. Roughly 1/4 mile north of bay bridge on east side. Shows up best from 12 to about 35 feet. Most times there are white markers on north and south sides of it.

Calm day with strong current - easy to spot the rip forming over it.

If no one else replies - I'll pull numbers from my GPS tomorrow for you.

·
Registered
787 Posts
That could turn into an expensive pass. The pipe has about 6' of relief off the bottom and is covered in large stone.

·
Premium Member
26,133 Posts
CMP - I've dove the sewer pipe a few times.

Picture the Sandy Point jetty - but underwater. As Chilli stated - it comes off bottom 5-10 feet and is very jagged in the way the rocks are set.

There is a lot of heavy fishing line criss crossing it - plus a few crab pot lines snagged on it.

Any trolled lure that drags across it is likely to snag. The depth changes fast - one side of boat might be 15-other side almost 20.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
It's not used any more. It used to be where treated water was discharged from the Kent Island wastewater treatment plant. Now it is a not-so-secret piece of structure. Last summer for several weeks 50 boats would be on it at a time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
CMP - I've dove the sewer pipe a few times.

Picture the Sandy Point jetty - but underwater. As Chilli stated - it comes off bottom 5-10 feet and is very jagged in the way the rocks are set.

There is a lot of heavy fishing line criss crossing it - plus a few crab pot lines snagged on it.

Any trolled lure that drags across it is likely to snag. The depth changes fast - one side of boat might be 15-other side almost 20.
Thanks very helpful, I won't be trolling across it anytime soon. The jetty visual helps, I am curious to see how it looks on my new sidescan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts