Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this will be my last semi-stupid question, but I can't make any promises. I bought the Lowrance 111C from clearance at BW and installed it. Now, as I prepare for spring, I am wondering what chip I need to add for the bay. Again, I am learning as I go and I could use all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance,
Craig

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I bought one too.......used it last year 4-times.......happy with it

Been spending more time in the off-season getting familiar with this particular unit's manual.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought one too.......used it last year 4-times.......happy with it

Been spending more time in the off-season getting familiar with this particular unit's manual.
Did you buy a chip in addition to what is loaded? Thr preloaded software seemed to be a little light on the info, i.e. depths, etc. But, I have not been able to use it much, yet.

Craig

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Will a Nauticpath chip work with your unit, Craig. I got mine for 99.00 and I've been relatively happy with it. Most stores have the Nauticpath USA chip which includes the entire coast, and contains underwater contours, tide indicators, buoy numbers, wrecks, etc. -Shawn

·
Registered
883 Posts
Craig; I bought a Lowrance 332 at BW at the Chantilly Boat show which is coming up. Nauticpath chip was $55. Very happy with the unit after 70 hours. George.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will a Nauticpath chip work with your unit, Craig. I got mine for 99.00 and I've been relatively happy with it. Most stores have the Nauticpath USA chip which includes the entire coast, and contains underwater contours, tide indicators, buoy numbers, wrecks, etc. -Shawn
Yes, I believe so. The website lists that as well as a few others as accessories, but the NauticPath is the only one I had heard of before. I just had not really paid attention to any opinions prior to getting this unit. Thanks

Craig

·
Registered
10 Posts
Craig,

You do not need to buy a Nautic Path Chip for the Lowrance 111C HD. There are a complete set of Nautic Path chips for the entire USA loaded on the hard drive, including full charts with high detail for the entire Chesapeake Bay.

Be sure you have properly selected the Nautic Path map data by going to the Map page on the 111C, pressing "MENU", scrolling down to "Map Data", and in the upper right corner of the dialogue box selecting "Map Dataset Choice" and then selecting "Nautic Path" from the map options. (See page 148 in the 111C HD user manual).

Then make sure you have selected all the detail you want to be shown on the screen. To do that go to the Map page again on the 111C, press "Menu", scroll down to "Map Categories Drawn" and check the boxes for what you want to show, including Depth contours, nav aids, waypoints, tide and currents, etc. The detail is pretty close to what you will get on a Navionics chip which costs over $175.

If you want to use Navionics instead, you will need to order the 16XG chip which covers the entire Eastern seaboard, including the Chesapeake Bay. After you insert the Navionics SD card, you select it on the unit following the procedure above to pick the "Map Dataset Choice".

I have both Nautic Path and Navionics installed on my 111C HD on my boat which is docked in Annapolis. If you live nearby and would like to compare the two charts, just let me know.

Don

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have an 334Ci and found the best tool was the product emmulators you can download on their web site. Learn the functions of the unit from the comfort of your easy chair in front of the computer instead of freezing a nut off in your boat this time of year. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Craig,
Don is right on the money. I bought the 111c too, and so far I am pretty happy with the provided maps. Another thing to note too is that the charts that come with it also have tide and current information, which is pretty nice.
Jason

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber
226 Posts
Nautic Path from Lowrance or navionics. Nautic Path is $99 at Bass Pro Shop and covers all navigable waters of the U.S. I use it on my boat and love it. Charlie

·
Registered
937 Posts
If you want the nauticpath chip - let me know. I bought it (still have all the packaging) and used it once before the end of the season. Went Garmin for the spring.
Sell it for 50 bucks if you want it.....

Let me know - B

1 - 12 of 12 Posts