Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for coordinates for a couple of locations on the message board but was unable to find the ones I was looking for.

Could someone help me out with the coords. for bouys 5-9 in the potomac, and the birthday cake. I am comming out if the Yeocomico in a 16 ft. Whaler cc so I dont want to go farther than point lookout so anything between there and coles point would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
coord. are on the boat, sorry.

not being a smart as_ but they are all easy to find with a chart. everyone should have one anyway.

·
Registered
861 Posts
SP, when you come out of the Yeocomico, the B-day cake is the marker before you enter the Potomac. As you enter the Potomac, # 9 is mid river and slightly south. (Green Can) # 7 is the south of that and so on. I'm sure someone will give you the #'s. As Rocksandblues stated, I would recommend a map and compass.
Good Luck,

Mushy

·
Registered
659 Posts
SP,
I agree with Rock and Mushy. A good map should be required. The GPS is a wonderful tool to have but they are like everything else "They Break". Would have a working compass also. My boat is at the Cottage in Reedville along with my GPS. Pulled the #'s off the book for you.
Birthday Cake 76 24 100W
38 02 800N
Boey # 3 76 16 100W
37 56 800N
Boey # 5 76 20 800W
37 59 300N
Boey # 7 76 24 100W
38 01 800N
Boey # 9 76 27 800W
38 03 250N
Be careful these # will hit the boey!!!!!
Good Luck
Bubba
[angel][angel][angel]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the hlep guys. Yeah I know I have a chart but it is one from the mid 80's and I just got a gps. Is the Birthday cake bouy still there or is it gone?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Slo-Pitch: FWIW. I just got a chart of the Potomac this spring at Bass Pro. A good investment.[wink]
Tight lines,

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I got that ADC map of the bay and tribs....list was $59.99....Sams had it for a little over thirty bucks. I always put off buying one but it is very worthwile to have and I also have gps.

Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts