Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I need a new chartplotter/gps. I know this might be a stupid question but if I buy another Garmin will I have to rewire or will it hook-up to my existing connection? I think I blew mine today, could not get satellite connection all afternoon, note at bottom of screen said antenna has short? If that wasn't it, it was something like that. I am not the best at wiring that is the reason I ask. Thought about updating anyway
Have a 182C, curious if anyone has replaced theirs recently and might be able to help. I know they don't don't make these anymore, found one on ebay but it still has a day left. I am sure the price will be ridiculous by tomorrow.
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
[Q]su2root originally wrote:
I am also looking to replace my GPS... I am going to contact Garmin and ask them if any of there new models fit my connectors.
[/Q]
That's what I just did on a fishfinder I have and Garmin gave the different models that the transducer (and plug) will fit. This will save a lot of time. They also told me that if I sent in the broken fishfinder they'd repair/replace it for $60. So, that's an option.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
[Q]Ravens16 originally wrote:
Thanks alot
I love this website!!!
Dave

[/Q]
Let us all know how you made out and if you had to buy a whole new unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.