Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on fishing grandview isl/factory point tomorrow am and possibley Sat. We can launch at Wallace's(public boat ramp) and it's a short paddle to the flats. Anyone recommend good trout lures, ie mirrolure?

greg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lead heads with grub tails. Start out with 1/4 - 3/8 oz. and if the current is running strong go with something a little heavier. For the tails, I like the curly types for trout they just swim better. As far as colors, I like the rootbeer bodies with chartruese tails and I know someone who swears by the smoke with sparkles. Good luck when you go and keep us posted with results.

·
Registered
575 Posts
What Jay said but don't use those smoke or rootbeer colors unless the water is really clear, which it rarely is around here. I like white with pink tail, white with chart. glitter tail or all chart. or see through chart. I don't mess with Mirrolures because they are expensive and treble hooks suck if you hook something you didn't want to kill.

Disclaimer: This is just from my limited experience. I have seen times when darker colors work but the bright ones were working too. I have also seen when bright colors worked and nothing else but never vice versa.

Have fun.

Tom

·
Registered
284 Posts
Give me a call and I will give you a couple of "The" trout lure. 348-2232. All it will cost you is a trip to my house.
Chad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts