Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left the dock at noon with my neighbor and headed toward 59a but saw the fleet fishing north of Fleets Bay. Steamed to the fleet then got the 4 rods out and began trolling a blue and chartruse stretch 25, a chartruse umbrella with a 6 oz inline on a wire line, a 22 oz chartruse Andros parachute with a white 9 inch white shad on the chute and a white quarter oz white bucktail on 15 ft of 30 lb leader bouncing the bottom. Last rod had a tandem bucktail rig, one white and red one chartruse with a swing hook and a white 6 inch shad. My neighbor landed his first rock, a 26 incher about as round as a football on the stretch. That fish had a 12 inch menhaden and some smaller ones stuffed in his gut. Then he caught a 24 on the tandem rig swing hook jig. I landed two 20's on the umbrella at the same time. Later caught three on the quarter oz bucktail on the bottom. Finally caught one 18 on the stretch. We kept four and headed in at 3:30. Great afternoon, the fish are here! Can't wait to tie into a big cow.

Charlie

·
Registered
213 Posts
We also had a Great time west of 59A yesterday afternoon. Tossed a 30" back,and a 26" with The Red Rash all over it,Fish was fat.
Had 4 fish on at one time...Twice! Limited out (8 fish) in 1 1/2 hours.
Anything under 22" we thru back.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Last stop was hot.

Started at R2, worked out to the cut channell,then to 59, and WHAM!!
Elect CHICK ,Umbrella with white trailer, gets whacked. Hooked,a left
to Fleets Bay with the rest of the Armada, finished up with 21 in. fish.
Funny how a 7 hr. troll can end in 15 min. of fast and furious fishing.
And oh yea , forgot how much fun it is with 100 other boats positioning for
the same fish, WOW!
All caught on the Umbrella.

·
Registered
421 Posts
neighbor and I moved into that fleet of birds, fish and bait about 1230, and did best vertical jigging. fish were right on bottom, all hits within 3 feet of bottom, best fish about 26". Got nasty after a while, guys crossing and cussing each other. Just don't understand why everyone can't play nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts