Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting to take my nephews out bottom fishing all summer and finally got a chance. These last 2 weeks have been the best bottom fishing I have remembered in years. I gave up trying to get spot, really hard this year. Kids want to catch fish. They don't want to troll all day and maybe get a couple. All they want is action. Drifted in 18-20 feet and started catching white perch 10, 11 ,12 inches, a couple were even 13 inches, like the old days. Caught about 8 jumbo spot. Did try to put one on my bait casting reel while drifting and got one hit. Just using fresh blood worms, non stop the whole day. Tried to anchor and did nothing, as soon as I drifted starting catching them again. The boys were 12 and 13 and haven't stop talking about there great fishing trips the last couple of weeks. Its great when everything goes well. I didn't mention the weather was perfect, light winds and not choppy.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Gary,

Passing it on is always a great thing, and great job finding those big perch! Most of our perch this year have topped out at 10 inches, with the odd bigger one in the mix. We've drifted every time out for the most part, have used bloodworms almost exclusively, and have had a blast.

Did you all get many double headers? Did your run-off on he spot last that long? Getting good weather is always the goal, and catching is a bonus. Glad that you had a good time.

Don

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear from you Don. Caught many double headers. The spot were here and there, not really hit a spot and catch some. They kind of reminded me of the spot down at Solomons, most of them jumbo spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts