Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a few threads about people getting stoped by DNR I decided to check my flares and fire extinguisher. My flares are good until the summer but my fire extinguisher is no longer reading full. The fire extinguisher was part of the safety equipment my dealer gave me when I bought my boat 2 years ago. I was getting ready to throw it away and saw on the box it had a 6 year warranty. I called the 1-800 number and asked them what they could do and they said we will be sending a new one out and you should recieve it in 7-10 days. Best of all I do not have to send the old one back, the person just said to release the contents into a trash bag and once empty throw everything away.

Steve

·
Registered
839 Posts
Can't beat that. I checked my extinguisher today as well, due to the recent threads about being checked by DNR. There was no official "expiration date" on the fire extinguisher that i could find, but it did say that the extinguisher should be replaced no later than 12 years after the date of manufacture, which was 2006.
Is that what DNR is looking at when they check to see if the extinguishers are current? Obviously the extinguisher should read "full" in the green also.

·
Registered
9,016 Posts
Can't beat that. I checked my extinguisher today as well, due to the recent threads about being checked by DNR. There was no official "expiration date" on the fire extinguisher that i could find, but it did say that the extinguisher should be replaced no later than 12 years after the date of manufacture, which was 2006.
Is that what DNR is looking at when they check to see if the extinguishers are current? Obviously the extinguisher should read "full" in the green also.
Also turn it upside down and smack it with a rubber mallet to loosen the powder.The Powder becomes compacted bouncing up and down on the Boat.This was told to me by a Aux. C.G. Inspector.When they check it,they may shake it to see if the Powder is loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts