Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I love to fish on my own boat with my own gear, it sure is nice to fish with a pro every now and then:D. I had several out of town guests this weekend including my brother, so I called Capt. Steve Wray and fortunately he was free on Sunday. We had a crew of seven seasoned, salty anglers aboard the Ocean Pearl this morning. We left the dock at 630 and headed for the 4a area. After about 30 mins of looking around and seeing nothing interesting we made the move to Cape Henry and it paid off. Lines in at the Cape around 815. We found a good bite of 20lb-25lb fish which lasted about an hour or so, then it quit. I think we had 8 in the box at that time. For the rest of the day we had a slow pick of rockfish up to 28lbs. We called it a day around 130 with 13 really quality fish. All fish were caught on tandem parachute rigs and white was better than chartreuse. Thanks to Capt Steve and Dane for putting us on a great day of ocean rockfishing!

Here are a few pics from the day...

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Story of my life. "Shoulda been here yesterday"...or " Tomorrow's gonna be awesome" LOL We stunk it up yesterday with only one to show for our effort.

Good work guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts