Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out this morning in above the bay bridge solo in the kayak. Found a nice flock of birds all to myself for a while which yielded some keepers up to 26, around 5 keepers. Fish were caught on BA's, Storm Shad and topwater plugs (super spook). Fished these for a while until a guy in a boat with a large crab on the front came in the middle of the school and proceeded with a erratic trolling route, cutting me off a few times. He was in an older looking boat with a crab decal on the front and a suzuki motor.

So in leu of being disrupted I went to find some new fish, and I did. A huge bunch of birds, probably 100x100 yards. Mostly dinks on top up to 18", but I let my electric chicken BA sink to the bottom and came up with a 33 incher. I was scared that it would break off, I was using a light spinning outfit but to my luck it didnt. All of the fish did not have any eternal signs of disease, appeared to be eating well and healthy. Total tally for the day was 8-10 keepers.

I ended the day off at around 10:30 am with a nice limit of fish, 26" and 33" and a heck of a long paddle back to my car.

Here are some pictures from the day of fishing.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I keep telling these guys ..if you want to catch nice fish...get a Kayak.You fish under the birds & they fish under the Kayak.I don't get it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Way to go JPK! Although I was having fun building my shed, it was clearly a good day to be out on the water. Hope you keep nailing them.

Steve

PS Check your bmail

·
Registered
218 Posts
nice report! Also, good for you on taking the higher road there with the boater... I had thought about hitting the bay, ended up going to Delaware Bay instead, but the water was torn up from all the wind we had late in the week. Hopefully, we can squeeze a few more weeks in fishing!

mark

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
JP - You did waaaay better than I did. I did the Patapsco on Saturday launching and fishing the Boston Street area. I caught exactly 1 dink striper and a several dozen sm/med wperch. Wperch showed up fine on the FF, but no stripers marks. No birds either. Water in decent shape too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great report and great pictures. Where did you launch from.

I tried yak fishing the east side of the bay bridge this moring (Sunday) but it was too rough to fish around the bridge. I did see many fish on the fish finder but the wind was blowing out of the south so hard and with the swells made it very hard to fish. Wish I would have gone Saturday now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts