Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WOW, Left Bodkin Creek 12 noon headed to Rock Hall (Swan Point area). Found lots of birds working over small (16-17 inch) rock in 22 ft of water. As I began to circle around to run through them again we picked up a nice 34 inch rock in 40 ft. Every time we went through birds we picked up small dinks. Big fish were always in deeper water 30-40 ft. We ended the day at 4:00 with our limit of six fish (34,30,30,27,26,22). Number 15 tony's and small white bucktails with 4 inch twistertails were the ticket.
I will try to post a picture with me holding the smallest rock. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JP; so sorry to hear about your mom.

Does anyone know why I can't view my picture? All I get is a big box with a small red x for image? 5th

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
SWEET - great to hear the trolling bite is on :clapping2:.

Bear in mind - this advice is from a computer first grader :D. I got a red X on TF pictures awhile back.My daughter lowered the filter level to allow the photos to be shown.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Dem some fat fish boy, nice work and thanks for reporting:rockingreport:

GO TERPS!!!

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Skip; I must have a kindergarten computer knowledge cause I haven't a clue what that means. I can see everyone elses pic's on there threads, just not mine. All's good as long as you guys can see it. 5th

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK; so I turned off the computer and restarted it; and the picture is now up on my computer as well.

To continue some information from the trip; we DIDN'T catch one single blue today!!!!
The tide was to be high at about 2:30 pm. We picked up 5 of the 6 fish on the outgoing tide from 3 to 4 pm. Some of the rock spit up some 4-5 inch peanut bunker in the cooler.
Seven rods were out; a center roof rod with 4 oz weight out 200 ft. Two roof rods on the outside one out 170 ft the other side out 150 ft with six and eight oz. weights. Boat rods were my dipsey divers with two angled out from the boat 18 ft down and two straight down at 20-25 ft down. All rods were productive.

Small dink rock (16-17 inches) were a pain today. We must have released at least 12 of them. As I said in the original post, dinks always came beneath birds in the more shallow water. I couldn't help thinking there were larger rock underneath the birds, but we always produced the best rock out in deeper water (near birds).

Speaking of birds, this was the first time this year a have seen this many birds (hundreds) in the same area. Most were sitting on the water, but we did see several beehives today.

I hope they stay in this area for a while!!!! 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Excellent report .... thanks

I've been thinking of trying some dipsey divers too mainly to get my outside lines out away from the boat.

Any advice on using them or even where to get them locally?

What size do you use?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Nice report. Those are some nice fish. Thanks for adding details. That's interesting using the dipsey divers. Do you feel much drag when you have a fish on? If not, it would sure beats using a ton of lead.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts